TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fastest 1/4 Mile List GT500 and GT500KR

dgussin1

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
great job ICEMAN ,that should help . Will there only be one list????

I will update the one list - I hope a moderator sees and makes it a sticky - probably should PM one of them and ask them to do so but until that happens I'll just update as i can. I will update the first post since it is mine I can edit it and keep just the one list current on the first post of that thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Date: Sept 27, 2008

Track: Race City Calgary, AB (Elevation ~1000ft)

Car #148 Right Lane

60' 2.304

1/8 8.849 @82.50 mph

1000' 11.387

1/4 13.486 @ 107.92 mph

Stock 2008 Shelby GT500 - No modifications

This gives you an idea of what one of these can do right out of the show room. No mods yet, but gives me a baseline to comapre to. Biggest issue is getting the car to stick off the line with the stock tires. I should be in the high 12s if I just went to drag radials. The elevation and temp isn't helping me much either. It was cold last night ~42 deg F. Right at the lower end for those F1 Eagles.

Cheers

Brett

2008_09_27_Time_Slip.jpg

2008_09_27_Time_Slip.jpg

Date: Sept 27, 2008

Track: Race City Calgary, AB (Elevation ~1000ft)

Car #148 Right Lane

60' 2.304

1/8 8.849 @82.50 mph

1000' 11.387

1/4 13.486 @ 107.92 mph

Stock 2008 Shelby GT500 - No modifications

This gives you an idea of what one of these can do right out of the show room. No mods yet, but gives me a baseline to comapre to. Biggest issue is getting the car to stick off the line with the stock tires. I should be in the high 12s if I just went to drag radials. The elevation and temp isn't helping me much either. It was cold last night ~42 deg F. Right at the lower end for those F1 Eagles.

Cheers

Brett

Yeah to cold for those tires. Maybe should have done a good burnout to get some heat into them.

• 1 month later...

Finally into the 12 second range in stock configuration! Personal Best E/T and MPH, plus turned 10K miles on the run...

Details and pics: Car #49 on timeslip. Saw a few nice cars, some funny decals, and "Phony Pony".

stpracer43............. 2.053 12.890 @ 111.34 ALL STOCK 1 Nov 08 South Georgia Motorsports Park, Cecil GA

Now to work on some consistency!

Keith

SGMP1Nov08.jpg1289satSGMP1Nov08.jpg

10KatSGMP.jpg

PatheticRacing.jpg

PhonyPony.jpg

Yeah to cold for those tires. Maybe should have done a good burnout to get some heat into them.

I did fairly good burnouts before staging, but usually I staged way faster than the other guy, so while I waited there goes any heat you put into the tires! Oh well. Next season we'll try drag radials after I get Super Snaked. I don't have much rubber let on the F1s after 3 nights of racing.

• 2 weeks later...
2.6 metco pulley, c&l cai, evolution tune, steeda heat exchanger, jba long tube x-pipe no cats, jba 3 inch after cat, aluminium driveshaft, eibach pro-kit with tokico d-spec, bmr control arms with relocation bracket. 4.10 gears

Good to see you on here guys! Great run by the way. I'm jealous of the cool air you guys are so easily blessed with.

Speak to you soon.

Jared

• 2 months later...

Archived