TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fastest 1/4 Mile List GT500 and GT500KR

dgussin1

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

69b302------------------2.015 12.207 @ 117.72 CFUS 05/23/07 Lebanon Valley Dragway, NY

This was the best run of the night, but had several other runs that were close. Maybe some drag radials, or rear LCA relocation brackets next. Plenty of power just need to keep the tires from spinning.

69b302------------------2.015 12.207 @ 117.72 CFUS 05/23/07 Lebanon Valley Dragway, NY

This was the best run of the night, but had several other runs that were close. Maybe some drag radials, or rear LCA relocation brackets next. Plenty of power just need to keep the tires from spinning.

Nice run on street tires! Where are you from? I'm in the Woodstock area.

Dan

Like I am strapped to the front of a freight train! One race was this hopped up chevy nova, lookin like it should run 9s. He got the jump on me but I passed him mid track and had him by 4 lengths. What a great feeling to run people down. It will be even better when I can leave them at the starting line! Rear suspension kit ordered.

Did you replace your DS?

Did you replace your DS?

Not yet. I think my issues were related to two of my Nittos being defective. I will let you know if I have more problems after I replace them.

Nice run on street tires! Where are you from? I'm in the Woodstock area.

Dan

I am further upstate in the Saratoga area. Hoping to get the times down a little more before doing any more work, but some more rear suspension work and drag radials, should definitely get me into the 11's(where I want the car). It's only $20 to run the street class on Wednesday nights, for 6-7 runs.

First I have heard of any defective Nitto's.

I developed a vibration in my car and thought it was my DS but in order to isolate the problem I took my car in to have my tires balanced. Neither of my passenger side front or rear tires could be balanced and the tech told me that they were far enough out of spec to cause the vibration I was feeling. Nitto is replacing the two tires for me at no charge.

I developed a vibration in my car and thought it was my DS but in order to isolate the problem I took my car in to have my tires balanced. Neither of my passenger side front or rear tires could be balanced and the tech told me that they were far enough out of spec to cause the vibration I was feeling. Nitto is replacing the two tires for me at no charge.

Glad to hear how Nitto's handling your problem.

I am further upstate in the Saratoga area. Hoping to get the times down a little more before doing any more work, but some more rear suspension work and drag radials, should definitely get me into the 11's(where I want the car). It's only $20 to run the street class on Wednesday nights, for 6-7 runs.

Saratoga area is nice! $20 is a steal ...haven't been to Lebanon Valley since the '70s ...now I don't have anything to run ;)

You should have no problem getting into the 11s ...I think gears would help take a lot of stress off the driveline with the DRs.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the result of my first trip to the track in 27 years. I am pretty sure that I can do better with some practice launching the car. It does feel nice after it hooks up.

DZELENKA------------------2.125 12.813 @ 112.95 CFSG 6/6/07 NO PROBLEM RACEWAY DONALDSONVILLE, LA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit late putting this up but forgot it was in the wrong forum until just now. I can't wait to get out on a normal day rather than the 90+ degree day with these tires (ET Streets) - a better track would be good too as this one makes US41 look like the top track on the planet... and at some point I'll break down and put on a new blower....harder and harder to hold off on that.

iceman--------------------1.782 11.827 @ 118.29 CFUDSEHGKV Muncie Dragway 6/13/07

I lost some top end on this track but could have been a number of factors. I has a run that I had to lift on because my rear was all over and I coasted to a 12.493 at 116.15 with a 1.991 60' time. I think this would have been a really good run as I lifted with a pretty fair amount left...it was an earlier run so it was still hot as heck but I had let the car cool for a while. My best time was again the last run of the night for me (last time last run of the night for everyone). The video in my sig. was this same day and that was my second best run just a little slower than this one which was not taped :(

I still want sub 11.5 this yr and eventually a sub 11 but for a vert they may get a little on edge over that - although they didn't have any issues with me this day so we'll see when I can get back - adjustable shocks and some other suspension goodies go in a week from today then I think I'll be back on a power kick which is much more fun for me.

it's amazing how I get 2 PM's from mods within hours about calling somebody a moron, but we've asked for this thread to be moved into the 07 forum and made a sticky for months...and it's still here in the 08 forum, sinking.

Yo may have to copy and paste the list into a new thread in the right place. I'd like a performance catagory with a thread like this, a dyno thread, etc. Soon enough the 2008's will be joining this thread so it won't matter that it's in here....if I can remember better next time.

iceman--------------------1.782 11.827 @ 118.29 CFUDSEHGKV Muncie Dragway 6/13/07

Way to kick vert butt Chris! I am going to the track this Saturday but it is only an 8th mile. It is an event that is billed as MS vs TN cars so it should be a lot of fun. I hope to get some video and try a few launches at about 4500RPM. I still need slicks...

What can we do to post in here if we only go to an 1/8 mile track? Dave you have any ideas? Do we have to go to a 1/4 mile track to post results?

This importand and usefull topic has been moved from the 2008 GT500 forum to the 2007 - 2008 GT500 Mod & Tech. forum and made a sticky for easy access to our members as requested.

~Rob

Archived