TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Limited edition Alcoa Wheels back "Fifty Years"

KR_Mac

Okay this has not been up for even how many days? and now the PRE-ORDER is discontinued!!! :shrug:

Not to be negative but im getting tired of Looking for 20" Alcoa's for the KR. The regular ones (no writing), supersnakes, KR version (hahaha never find and only 3), and fifty year (IMO they had some leftovers and decided to stamp "Fifty Years" on it to sell)! Its a drag having a great car and having such limited luck finding these, that in the first place should of had them on in the beginning or a choice between 18 or 20 version.

I keep holding the bullet on getting aftermarket wheels hoping ALCOA's would come back and once in awhile you see an ebay post or something for used Alcoa's but IM NOT TRYING TO PAY BANK MONEY.... what a drag.

Im sure that its even worse for some of the late KR owners trying to find some of exclusive parts sold way back. I even feel bad for some ALCOA owners who need to order a wheel or spare in case they damage one. I think Alcoa or Shelby could get more sales if they produced these wheels again "Please someone above at Shelby LIsten" :worship:

KR_Mac

If I had to put money on it there will be another run. The 50 years sold out in 4 days. Why wouldn't they make more. Easy money!!!

There may be some venders that still have a few of the 50's left.

They might not ever make KR 20" wheels but they are going to make the center caps for us.

They are also looking into making the Master Cylinder cap again.

Guys,

Before this gets out of hand:

1.) This is the LAST RUN of Alcoas. That's it. I TRIED to make it a regular stocking item, but Alcoa will not do it. I was able to get one more run made, but this is IT.

2.) They are NOT "leftovers"- I WISH it had been that easy.

3.) The Pre-Order program is sold out. That does NOT mean the wheels are all spoken for. We will be getting some in to sell. The pre-order customers will get theirs first. Then we will put the rest on the site and announce it.

I offered to make up some special GT500KR caps for anyone who wants them. It's not a regular item, I'm just making them one-by-one to treat our KR customers to something special.

Jer

Im sure that its even worse for some of the late KR owners trying to find some of exclusive parts sold way back. I even feel bad for some ALCOA owners who need to order a wheel or spare in case they damage one. I think Alcoa or Shelby could get more sales if they produced these wheels again "Please someone above at Shelby LIsten" :worship:

KR_Mac

We have almost EVERY KR part in stock and available for sale to KR owners. What are you referring to?

Jer

Guys,

Before this gets out of hand:

1.) This is the LAST RUN of Alcoas. That's it. I TRIED to make it a regular stocking item, but Alcoa will not do it. I was able to get one more run made, but this is IT.

2.) They are NOT "leftovers"- I WISH it had been that easy.

3.) The Pre-Order program is sold out. That does NOT mean the wheels are all spoken for. We will be getting some in to sell. The pre-order customers will get theirs first. Then we will put the rest on the site and announce it.

I offered to make up some special GT500KR caps for anyone who wants them. It's not a regular item, I'm just making them one-by-one to treat our KR customers to something special.

Jer

Thank you Jer for remembering us KR owners. It truly feels amazing to have something special once again. Thanks a ton

Sorry that I've not kept up on this topic... and so now I am confused!

I know Alcoa makes (made) the wheels for the GT500's.

1) But which models?

2) Which sizes?

3) What words are stamped on the wheels?

Thanks,

-Pockdog

Sorry that I've not kept up on this topic... and so now I am confused!

I know Alcoa makes (made) the wheels for the GT500's.

1) But which models?

2) Which sizes?

3) What words are stamped on the wheels?

Let's see if I can get this right;

Over the years, Alcoa has produced 5 variations of the Forged Dura-Bright wheels for both Ford and Shelby.

1. The 18" GT500KR Dura-Bright wheels for the '08 and '09 KR's. They have "Shelby-Forged-Alcoa-GT500KR" machined into the rims. They are a restricted item, exclusive to current GT500KR owners.

2. The 20" GT500 Super Snake Dura-Bright wheels for the '07 thru '12 Super Snakes (NOT available on '13 Super Snakes). They have "Shelby-Forged-Alcoa-Super Snake" machined into the rims. They are a restricted item, exclusive to current Super Snake owners for WARRANTY REPLACEMENT ONLY (with a core exchange or Police report for stolen wheels).

3. The 20" Mustang "Super Snake" STYLE Dura-Bright wheels that Shelby sold to the General Public (GP) for any Mustang (not exclusive to GT500's). They had "Shelby-Forged" (???) machined into the rims. They were available to the GP until Shelby recently discontinued them.

4. The 20" Mustang "Super Snake" STYLE Dura-bright Fifty Year anniversery wheels that Shelby American just ran a limited run of. They have "Shelby-Forged-Alcoa-Fifty Years" machined into the rims. They were in unlimited quantities to anyone willing to place a $500 deposit per set on them and apparently there are some VERY limited quantities still available through Shelby vendors and possibly unclaimed "sold" sets/units.

5. There are also 3 very unique and very rare sets (4) of 20" GT500KR "Prototype" wheels that were made for the GT500KR prototype that currently sits in the Shelby American museum in Las Vegas, Nevada. One set is mounted on the car, another set just recently showed up on e-bay (and very quickly disappeared) and Lord only knows where the third set ended up. I hope with Shelby LV.

Hope That Helps/HTH,

Phill

We have almost EVERY KR part in stock and available for sale to KR owners. What are you referring to?

Jer

Jer

I was not referring to anyone specific or meant to offend anyone at all (If I did i apologize).... I just keep reading past post about some Alcoa owners having a hard time getting any replacements on wheels or others looking to buy a set. As far as KR parts Im sure you have all available parts. In fact I just ordered the KR Billet fuel door (Great job on the look/its not busy yet stands out). ;)

Thanks for doing your best to make the last run a regular stocking item (Alcoa's Fault). I was just hoping Alcoa would make them available. As far as the caps that is awesome your making them available at request and treating KR owners special. +1000000000. I would order a set but again i dont have any 20's yet :(

Mac

Let's see if I can get this right;

Over the years, Alcoa has produced 5 variations of the Forged Dura-Bright wheels for both Ford and Shelby.

1. The 18" GT500KR Dura-Bright wheels for the '08 and '09 KR's. They have "Shelby-Forged-Alcoa-GT500KR" machined into the rims. They are a restricted item, exclusive to current GT500KR owners.

2. The 20" GT500 Super Snake Dura-Bright wheels for the '07 thru '12 Super Snakes (NOT available on '13 Super Snakes). They have "Shelby-Forged-Alcoa-Super Snake" machined into the rims. They are a restricted item, exclusive to current Super Snake owners for WARRANTY REPLACEMENT ONLY (with a core exchange or Police report for stolen wheels).

3. The 20" Mustang "Super Snake" STYLE Dura-Bright wheels that Shelby sold to the General Public (GP) for any Mustang (not exclusive to GT500's). They had "Shelby-Forged" (???) machined into the rims. They were available to the GP until Shelby recently discontinued them.

4. The 20" Mustang "Super Snake" STYLE Dura-bright Fifty Year anniversery wheels that Shelby American just ran a limited run of. They have "Shelby-Forged-Alcoa-Fifty Years" machined into the rims. They were in unlimited quantities to anyone willing to place a $500 deposit per set on them and apparently there are some VERY limited quantities still available through Shelby vendors and possibly unclaimed "sold" sets/units.

5. There are also 3 very unique and very rare sets (4) of 20" GT500KR "Prototype" wheels that were made for the GT500KR prototype that currently sits in the Shelby American museum in Las Vegas, Nevada. One set is mounted on the car, another set just recently showed up on e-bay (and very quickly disappeared) and Lord only knows where the third set ended up. I hope with Shelby LV.

Nice work!

Only two minor notes I'll add: The stamping on this final run of wheels is "SHELBY - FORGED - FIFTY - YEARS". The word "Alcoa" does not appear on it. Also, this was not set up the way some people suspect. We cut the deal and committed to a BIG quantity with Alcoa, THEN started the Pre-Order program. It's not like we just opened up the sales to "take cash and see how many would sell". When we put it on sale, I was already committed, and the number was limited from the start. We didn't limit retail customer quantities, that is true, however. Just some clarity.

Thanks again for saving me all the typing! LOL...

Jer

Jer

I was not referring to anyone specific or meant to offend anyone at all (If I did i apologize).... I just keep reading past post about some Alcoa owners having a hard time getting any replacements on wheels or others looking to buy a set. As far as KR parts Im sure you have all available parts. In fact I just ordered the KR Billet fuel door (Great job on the look/its not busy yet stands out). ;)

Thanks for doing your best to make the last run a regular stocking item (Alcoa's Fault). I was just hoping Alcoa would make them available. As far as the caps that is awesome your making them available at request and treating KR owners special. +1000000000. I would order a set but again i dont have any 20's yet :(

Mac

Thanks, and yes, we have virtually EVERY KR part available - I just want people to know that.

Jer

Also, this was not set up the way some people suspect. We cut the deal and committed to a BIG quantity with Alcoa, THEN started the Pre-Order program. It's not like we just opened up the sales to "take cash and see how many would sell". When we put it on sale, I was already committed, and the number was limited from the start.

By "Unlimited", I meant the customer was not limited to 4 wheels or 1 set, etc.

If I wanted 10 sets, I could put $500 deposit on each set ($5K total) and get them.

Correct?

Phill

If I wanted 10 sets, I could put $500 deposit on each set ($5K total) and get them.

Correct?

EDIT: Also note in the other thread where I posed two pics of the 20" Alcoa KR wheels...They don't have "Alcoa" on them! Does the set on the museum car have Alcoa on them like my 18" KR wheels do???

Interesting...

Phill

Correct?

Phill

Exactly. From my post: "We didn't limit retail customer quantities, that is true, however. Just some clarity."

Jer

Exactly. From my post: "We didn't limit retail customer quantities, that is true, however. Just some clarity."

BTW, no retail customer actually bought a huge pile like that. Some people are bragging on the forums that "I got 4 sets", but let's just say: "They're fibbing".

Jer

I wonder who that could be... :talkhand:

:banghead:

Jer

I wonder who that could be... :talkhand:

Hey I had 3 sets first and canceled one on my card to 2 sets because I had someone else order the other 2 from a different card for me because of my credit limit lol. The mod fund would not have covered a 2k deposit at that time especially since I had to pay off the car literally the next day.

• 6 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived