TEAM SHELBY FORUM

20" Alcoa KR caps

sheppd01

Not on a production KR, but they are out there, from Shelby.

Ah, the COVER. OK, now I get it. I have an unetched one on my car.

I'll check into it.

Jer

I can do the caps... the cover is something else.... gotta look into it.

Jer

Too late Jer, MUCH too late.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I noticed. Sigh.

:banghead:

Jer

Perfect Jer where do I order the KR caps and cost? I need a set of sill plates as well and do you offer the cf rockers for the KR as well? Please email me the info jciddio@hotmail.com, also do you have the 18 KR wheels tire package for sale still? How much extra for black wheels?

KR Caps: http://www.teamshelb...0-alcoa-wheels/

KR 18" wheel and tire package will be available in a new deal soon. Black WILL most likely be available. If it's an emergency and can't wait, let us know.

No CF rockers.

We have '08 sill plates in stock, '09 are special-order. $119 /pair

All these items need to be ordered directly from Wendy: 702 405 3500 X105

I have also emailed this to you.

Jer

I'd like to see another KR sale like they had about a year ago.

Unfortunately...Errrr, well, fortunately for ME, many of those went to non-KR owners.

I understand KR owners wanting to keep parts restricted. If I owned a KR, I'd want them all restricted too, which is why I say "unfortunately".

However, even though I completely understand KR owners demanding exclusivity, I also really wanted a set of Alcoa's and i liked (and I say, likED) the 18's better than the 20's for a couple of reasons.

1). 20's are 'fad-ish' and I'm not a fad kind'a guy.

2). Being a drag racer vs. a corner carver, I wanted SIDEWALL and the 20's just don't offer much sidewall.

And then I go and buy a set of 15" dragstars w/MT DR's on 'em! DUHHHH, can you say "redundant"??? I can...err, did.

However ver2, when I compared my SS style 20's next to my KR 18's, there's a HUGE difference in the length of the "legs" (spokes) and the 20's just look SO much better than the 18's. I'm not crazy about the '10-spd bicycle wheel' ratio or amount of rubber you get with the 20's but I sure do like the longer spokes on 'em.

I'm just too damn fickle, that's *my* problem (i.e. "I want it ALL").

Phill

Unfortunately...Errrr, well, fortunately for ME, many of those went to non-KR owners.

I understand KR owners wanting to keep parts restricted. If I owned a KR, I'd want them all restricted too, which is why I say "unfortunately".

However, even though I completely understand KR owners demanding exclusivity, I also really wanted a set of Alcoa's and i liked (and I say, likED) the 18's better than the 20's for a couple of reasons.

1). 20's are 'fad-ish' and I'm not a fad kind'a guy.

2). Being a drag racer vs. a corner carver, I wanted SIDEWALL and the 20's just don't offer much sidewall.

And then I go and buy a set of 15" dragstars w/MT DR's on 'em! DUHHHH, can you say "redundant"??? I can...err, did.

However ver2, when I compared my SS style 20's next to my KR 18's, there's a HUGE difference in the length of the "legs" (spokes) and the 20's just look SO much better than the 18's. I'm not crazy about the '10-spd bicycle wheel' ratio or amount of rubber you get with the 20's but I sure do like the longer spokes on 'em.

I'm just too damn fickle, that's *my* problem (i.e. "I want it ALL").

Phill

"Form vs. Function" is a demanding mistress!

Jer

Jer,

how much are the KR wheels NOT BLACK without tires and any chance of 20's with KR on them like the stock ones?

I'm getting some new pricing together for KR wheels and wheel/tire packages.

I've got to figure out a black option, too.

20" with "KR" will not be produced. Our current "Fifty Years" wheel is the last Shelby Alcoa wheel that will be offered.

Jer

I'm getting some new pricing together for KR wheels and wheel/tire packages.

I've got to figure out a black option, too.

20" with "KR" will not be produced. Our current "Fifty Years" wheel is the last Shelby Alcoa wheel that will be offered.

Jer

Are you going with a new brand or just stopping wheel production and will there be another offering for the" Fifty Years" or was that the last one?

Are you going with a new brand or just stopping wheel production and will there be another offering for the" Fifty Years" or was that the last one?

The wheels are being manufactured in one last run. They are being made now.

We offered a chance for people to do a "pre-order" with a deposit to secure a set.

When those customers are all set, we will sell the remaining wheels, and that will be it.

Thanks,

Jer

Ah, the COVER. OK, now I get it. I have an unetched one on my car.

I'll check into it.

Jer

I bought this cover during the Shelby Bash in 2011. It was made for the smaller of the two master cylinders. The early KRs had a larger master cylinder. I informed Robert back then, because he wasn't aware of this, and actually sent mine back to SAI.

Updates on brake reservoir covers this week.

Caps are available, just call Wendy. See post #41 above.

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful caps Jer. thanks! Came in today!

Glad you like them. Post pix when you get 'em on!

Thanks for your support,

Jer

Archived