TEAM SHELBY FORUM

20" Alcoa KR caps

sheppd01

I spoke with SPP warehouse guru Josh Davis about this, and he tore the place apart.

He found the parts to make these: (see picture)

How's that?

Jer

KR Cap.JPG

KR Cap.JPG

I spoke with SPP warehouse guru Josh Davis about this, and he tore the place apart.

He found the parts to make these: (see picture)

How's that?

Jer

post-12143-0-32626900-1349483132_thumb.jpg

Sold!! Lol! Looks Great!!

Im in, Id even be happy if I could get some of the Ford Racing cobra caps like I have on my stock wheels now.

Are those still available? And if so, from where?

I'll see if I can do a search on the fordracingparts.com site to see if they're there. I like 'em...

TIA,

Phill

+1

I've got some of the "blank" Alcoa center caps, and I also have the KR "centers". So, I'm gonna MAKE em for you guys!

It'll be a "Restricted" part for KR owners only, and I'll have them available for you mid-week. Sound good?

Jer

I've got some of the "blank" Alcoa center caps, and I also have the KR "centers". So, I'm gonna MAKE em for you guys!

It'll be a "Restricted" part for KR owners only, and I'll have them available for you mid-week. Sound good?

Jer

I have never said this to another man but Jer I think I love you. :hysterical2:

I have never said this to another man but Jer I think I love you. :hysterical2:

HA!

We're really trying to maximize our customers' experience at SPP. It's not just hype in a press release.

I hope everyone reacts as positively as you! (Until I end up with a stalker or something...)

Jer

Will this be a limted time production item like the 50th wheels or will they always be availble?

I don't see any reason why a KR owner shouldn't be able to buy them anytime. That being said, it's easier for us to do one big batch.

SO: If you want them, buy them... But, no pressure.

LOL

Jer

P.S. These will be a great center cap for any KR owners getting the new "Fifty Years" wheel, but the newly-issued CS cap is cool, too. If I had a KR, I'd get both. But that's just me.

I definitely want to play in the sand box, I will take a set.

By the way did Josh happen to find some KR brake reservoir caps also?

Bet we can find them.

Jer

Jer, my wife wants to know why I pull out my wallet everytime I log onto this site now....... I think you may be fast becoming every wife's nightmare !

Well, I'm certainly MY wife's nightmare...

Jer

Will the "blank" Alcoa caps be restricted???

And by blank Alcoa, I assume you mean the ones that just say "Alcoa" with their logo on it, right?

Do they fit the KR Alcoa wheels or the SS Alcoa wheels (they ARE different)?

I'm interested in a set and since I have both KR and SS style (18 & 20 inch), I could live with either size.

But I'm not sure why you'd restrict the Alcoa caps to just KR owners....

Phill (which is why I ask)

I'm interested in a set and since I have both KR and SS style (18 & 20 inch), I could live with either size.

These caps are for the 20" wheel. They will not fit the 18" KR wheel.

The caps for the 20" wheel that have the KR logo is what he is restricting.

They are going to sell caps for the 20" wheel with the CS logo which anyone can buy.

These caps are for the 20" wheel. They will not fit the 18" KR wheel.

The caps for the 20" wheel that have the KR logo is what he is restricting.

They are going to sell caps for the 20" wheel with the CS logo which anyone can buy.

Ahhhh, what about those Cobra Snake center caps??? Will those be available to us regular GT500 owners? (I think) I like those the snake caps better than the CS letter caps. I say this because I will be powder coating my wheels black and that center cap will just cool well, bad ass with my black Alcoas!!!

Ahhhh, what about those Cobra Snake center caps??? Will those be available to us regular GT500 owners? (I think) I like those the snake caps better than the CS letter caps. I say this because I will be powder coating my wheels black and that center cap will just cool well, bad ass with my black Alcoas!!!

We don't do those.

Jer

Will the "blank" Alcoa caps be restricted???

And by blank Alcoa, I assume you mean the ones that just say "Alcoa" with their logo on it, right?

Phill (which is why I ask)

When I said "blank Alcoa caps", I just meant the empty "carriers" that snap in and hold the center emblem.

There will be two center emblems offered for 20" Alcoas: The "CS" logo, and the "GT500KR" ones for KR owners who want them.

Jer

We don't do those.

Jer

Y'know, I HATE saying no.

So, I combed the warehouse again, and it turns out I MAY be able to make those.

Personally, I think the GT500KR ones (and the CS ones) are way cooler, but I'm all about taking care of Shelby owners, and helping them make their dream cars.

So if anyone wants the black Cobra centers with the Tiffany snake, email me at: JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Jer

Perfect Jer where do I order the KR caps and cost? I need a set of sill plates as well and do you offer the cf rockers for the KR as well? Please email me the info jciddio@hotmail.com, also do you have the 18 KR wheels tire package for sale still? How much extra for black wheels?

The caps will have an active link tomorrow.

I'll look into all of the other items for you tomorrow when I'm back in the office. May take a few days to gather all the answers, so I appreciate your patience.

Jer

I'll be checking for the link tomorrow. Thanks again Jer. BTW, the KR master cylinder cover I had talked with you about is an actual aluminum cover that is etched with the GT500KR logo just like the KR fuse box cover. It actually surrounds the whole plastic reservoir. The KR utilized two different reservoirs depending on the build date, just like all the Mustangs during that time.

I'll be checking for the link tomorrow. Thanks again Jer. BTW, the KR master cylinder cover I had talked with you about is an actual aluminum cover that is etched with the GT500KR logo just like the KR fuse box cover. It actually surrounds the whole plastic reservoir. The KR utilized two different reservoirs depending on the build date, just like all the Mustangs during that time.

Have you seen that on a production KR?

Jer

Archived