TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Upgrading brakes

Added CAI and pulley this spring, now need to improve stopping capabilities on the 40th for next year. What brake upgrade/s were available when we purchased these cars? I would like to stay with the SAI options available at the time if possible. Also, are there any spacer needs using the Razors? Thanks in advance.....

Hey SNKBITE, the only brake upgrade available during the 40th builds were the Shelby/Baer Extreme+ 6-piston brakes. They still sell them and that is what I have on my car. Shelby now sells brakes from Wilwood as well. I am not familiar with the Wilwood brakes. No spacers are needed with Razors as long as they are the original offset. Here are the links:

http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-Extreme-Brakes-p/4261112.htm

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/4262113.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Yup. Baer "extreme" brakes are well named.

On another subject. Somehow we need to get our cars together for a group shot!

That would be pretty nice to get the pairs lined up. As you said before, we probably have the only matching sets between the red 40th's and 45th GT350's. It would be like looking into a mirror! Logistics could prove to be tough, however.

FYI:

I've got Razors with a 24mm offset, they clear the Baer Extreme+ sets easily. 40mm don't. I installed a set of Extreme+ up front, and went with Eradispeed rears. This weekend, I'm upgrading to a matching Extreme+ system on the rears (I'm pulling the rearend for a cleaning/painting, adding an Eaton diff, new Shelby adjustable UCA and bracket, Moser axles w/ Strange Engineering studs, new diff cover, and a FRPP 3.73 gearset, so it felt like the right time).

We WILL have a sale on Baers soon, but it will be a "clearance" of certain colors. Mostly from an overstock of Yellow and Competition Yellow (Orange).

Jer

SNKBITE, I really like your choice of Shelbys. Have you decided yet on getting bit by a KR for the prefect trifecta???? Good luck on the brake sale..........

You have no idea the pain I go through watching all those beautiful KR's changing hands. It has occurred to me many times the KR would complete the set, but still a few years from making it a reality. "Too much month left at the end of the money" as they say.

Archived