TEAM SHELBY FORUM

About to Take the Plunge

ageishecker

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's ready for the wide-body conversion.

The paint doesn't look like a perfect match but Richard and Tim both assured me it is. This color changes a lot with different light and angles.

DSC06439.JPG

It is looking awesome! I can't wait to see it complete!

• 1 month later...

It's ready for the wide-body conversion.

The paint doesn't look like a perfect match but Richard and Tim both assured me it is. This color changes a lot with different light and angles.

post-27084-0-88169500-1355444927_thumb.jpg

How's the build moving along? Any more pics?

I wish I had a better update. It's been waiting for the wide body to begin for over a month. On about January 9 they told me wide body production had finally begun and there were 14 cars in front of mine. I've heard nothing since then. I'll cut them a little slack since the sales guys were probably all involved with Barrett Jackson last week. I'll be pushing for an update again today.

FWIW

I heard with the rework of the widebody panels, the dies needed to be reworked. I was told they can only produce 2 kits per week until more dies were made(not sure if if this is for inhouse mods and kits or what?). I'm on the list at about the 25 number, and its looking like after the Bash will be when mine starts. Hopefully the production will pick up sometime soon:-) I can't wait to see some more build pics of yours as well!

Best,

Jim

Just got an update that the first wide body customer car is going in the paint booth now. Two others are in the body shop. They're projecting completing 3 cars a week, so I guess I'm about 5 weeks out.

I don't have a car yet but got my plates from the DMV last week - THANX CS

Just got an update that the first wide body customer car is going in the paint booth now. Two others are in the body shop. They're projecting completing 3 cars a week, so I guess I'm about 5 weeks out.

I don't have a car yet but got my plates from the DMV last week - THANX CS

I love that idea for a plate!

I love that idea for a plate!

Me too!

Jer

• 4 weeks later...

I am still going back and forth between a V6 GTS and the new Focus. If I were to order a mustang for the GTS conversion is there an equipment group that is preferred for the GTS build?

If it's prefered by you! lol. There is no requirement for the conversion. Mine was just a base V6 with cloth interior and then you have plenty of the premium package ponies that have been converted. It's all up to you on what options you want on your GTS!

• 4 weeks later...

I finally made it to the front of the line for the wide-body installation. :) Richard sent me pictures yesterday of my car back on the lift in the Production area to begin disassembly of all the stuff that needs to come off for the body work to begin. The bad part is my April is already so booked I won't be able to get out there for the museum delivery until early May.

But what are they doing to the body? I was just unaware of body mods on those panels when doing the conversion.

They're putting on the wide body panels that go over the original sheetmetal. This for the wide body, not the basic GTS conversion.

Archived