TEAM SHELBY FORUM

About to Take the Plunge

ageishecker

If everything goes as planned, by the end of this week I'll have a 2013 Mustang GT coupe in Gotta Have it Green on order from the local Ford dealer. Shortly after that I'll place my order for a GTS package. We're going with the automatic transmission as this will actually be my wife's car, so no supercharger. It will have black stripes, black wheels and the new wide body on the rear. I can't wait to get started.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naturally aspirated is just fine.

A bit of suspenion and brake work will really make a difference.

Any other add ons that inquiring minds should know about?

Gotta Have It Green eh? I will make sure my daughter doesn't see or know about this.

If she'd freakin' behave, I would consider getting her a V6 in this color.

But it'll never happen, the behaving part I mean.

Any other add ons that inquiring minds should know about?

Gotta Have It Green eh? I will make sure my daughter doesn't see or know about this.

If she'd freakin' behave, I would consider getting her a V6 in this color.

But it'll never happen, the behaving part I mean.

No other particular add ons. We're going with the upgraded interior from Ford with the accent stripes in the seats. Not doing the Shelby interior upgrade. I am going to choose the Shelby tune to get a few more HP.

We saw the green/black GT350 and the Grabber Blue/White GTS at Barrett Jackson. We were torn between those two combinations. Finally decided this week on the green.

What was it abut the wide body you found attractive.

I think it has a muscular look. Reminds me of how the 289 Cobra body evolved into the 427 body. I also like how it mimics the Carroll Shelby Tribute car that was on display at the same time. The thing I liked most about it was that my wife also loved it. That made the decision to move forward with one much easier.

No doubt about the muscular look.

You will not only be pretty unique among Shelby owners, but also among Mustang owners too, the daily double.

Be prepared for stares and people wanting to talk with her about the car in parking lots and gas stations.

I wonder if with that wide body, the Watts Link and anti hop kit for the rear suspension would be in order.

I think it has a muscular look. Reminds me of how the 289 Cobra body evolved into the 427 body. I also like how it mimics the Carroll Shelby Tribute car that was on display at the same time. The thing I liked most about it was that my wife also loved it. That made the decision to move forward with one much easier.

Gonna be a GREAT car.

BTW, it doesn't "mimic" anything - that's OUR widebody kit on Ford's tribute car. Even THEY love it!

Congrats!

Jer

Gonna be a GREAT car.

BTW, it doesn't "mimic" anything - that's OUR widebody kit on Ford's tribute car. Even THEY love it!

Congrats!

Jer

To elaborate even more, the wide body kit was designed & fabricated in-house here at Shelby American. And there is more to come from Shelby American :)

Steve

Gonna be a GREAT car.

Congrats!

Jer

That was a poor word choice on my part. What I meant was it is just like the tribute car. I knew Shelby did that design.

To elaborate even more, the wide body kit was designed & fabricated in-house here at Shelby American. And there is more to come from Shelby American :)

Steve

Looking forward to what ever you guys bring out next. Waiting as patiently as I can for the oil separator ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived