TEAM SHELBY FORUM

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THE SHELBY FORGED WHEEL PRE-ORDER PROGRAM:

Jer

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh oh. I see a shit storm a brewin' on the horizon (KR center caps on 20" wheels).

Phill

Phill, I posted those a while ago... I'll make those for any KR owners who prefer them. Not for sale to anyone else.

Jer

Well, that's capitalism. They're his to sell if he wants to. I just hope no one pays too much for these wheels when they ARE going to be available one last time.

BTW, we're NEVER making them again - that would stick it to EVERYONE. (But I know what you mean).

Jer

I am just a bit confused. So there will be another run of these wheels? Or there is one going on now?

I am just a bit confused. So there will be another run of these wheels? Or there is one going on now?

This was this last run. Shelby still has many sets. They just have not put them on sale yet to the public until all the pre-orders are completed and shipped. Once this is complete and they have a solid count on what is available, Jer will be announcing that they are for sale. Should be pretty soon I would imagine. Sounds like there is a fair number that will be for sale. I'm sure Jer will update us all as soon as they are ready.

This was this last run. Shelby still has many sets. They just have not put them on sale yet to the public until all the pre-orders are completed and shipped. Once this is complete and they have a solid count on what is available, Jer will be announcing that they are for sale. Should be pretty soon I would imagine. Sounds like there is a fair number that will be for sale. I'm sure Jer will update us all as soon as they are ready.

Exactly. Thanks, Jeff!

Jer

Jer I sent you an email the other day about getting a set for a Super Snake not sure if you got it or not. Thanks Butch

Yes, did you get a call from Kameron?

Jer

No, you didn't send it. PM or email me with your number, and we'll get you taken care of.

Jer

Well hopefully if you are selling them again @ Shelby that they wont be cheaper than the ones everyone signed up for to get this preorder program going.

Two things I'll address there:

1. They will be the same price. Why would I raise or lower it?

2. Don't know what you mean by "get this preorder program going", but I think it's the common misconception (and if I'm wrong, forgive me, but I'll take this opportunity to speak to it ) : Some people think that I took preorders and deposits for the money and/or headcount. Just to clarify, I committed to the order and sent cash to Alcoa before the pre-order ever happened. Risky? You bet. Especially for a guy who's a brand new employee (Now you know why I included our CFO in the pictures a while back. He backed the idea simply on my say-so ). I believed that if we made the wheel everyone wanted and didn't gouge on price, the customers would be happy to buy them. Remember, we INSISTED on refunding any deposit over $500 back to the customer.

Jer

JER, I suppose you are getting tired of all the questions about the new wheels... I believe you have stated there would be plenty of notice as to when they would be put on the SPP site. Thanks. IS the Forum where that notice will be given ?

RIP Carroll Shelby

Jer even though I didn't purchase the new 50th wheels, didn't need them already have a set of Alcoas, it is great that you even did this for the community and you have made so many people happy by bringing these back. And it is great to see everyone happy about just ONE item coming back for sale and you have been the only person who addressed it here and made it happen. More kudos for Jer!!!!

Jer even though I didn't purchase the new 50th wheels, didn't need them already have a set of Alcoas, it is great that you even did this for the community and you have made so many people happy by bringing these back. And it is great to see everyone happy about just ONE item coming back for sale and you have been the only person who addressed it here and made it happen. More kudos for Jer!!!!

Agreed! Thanks and Great Job!

Two things I'll address there:

1. They will be the same price. Why would I raise or lower it?

2. Don't know what you mean by "get this preorder program going", but I think it's the common misconception (and if I'm wrong, forgive me, but I'll take this opportunity to speak to it ) : Some people think that I took preorders and deposits for the money and/or headcount. Just to clarify, I committed to the order and sent cash to Alcoa before the pre-order ever happened. Risky? You bet. Especially for a guy who's a brand new employee (Now you know why I included our CFO in the pictures a while back. He backed the idea simply on my say-so ). I believed that if we made the wheel everyone wanted and didn't gouge on price, the customers would be happy to buy them. Remember, we INSISTED on refunding any deposit over $500 back to the customer.

Jer

Pretty much as I thought since there wasn't enough time to have scheduled the production line and made all those wheels AFTER you got the deposits. I'm just one of those that hope you ordered "too many" and there are going to be enough left for those dummies of us who managed to not take advantage of this opportunity the first time.

Oh, and by the way ---- if you wanted to lower the price this time around you certainly would not hear any complaint from me :)

And, in all seriousness --- Thanks again for pulling this together.....

Pretty much as I thought since there wasn't enough time to have scheduled the production line and made all those wheels AFTER you got the deposits.

EXACTLY. Very perceptive of you.

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Jer,

This is one of my first few posts on this forum, and I hope this does not sound too selfish, but apparently the first release of these Alcoas was accompanied by lots of folks buying multiple sets of these, then selling them on ebay or wherever for a profit. I have a 2013 GT500, my first Shelby product, and I would like to buy a set in this second release to actually use on my car.

Have you guys thought about allowing those that did not buy in the first release to get first shot at these second release wheels? You have records of who bought the first time. Just doesn't seem fair that owners that actually want to use a set on their cars can get displaced by those wanting multiple sets to resell for a profit.

JMO....flamesuit on!

Jer,

This is one of my first few posts on this forum, and I hope this does not sound too selfish, but apparently the first release of these Alcoas was accompanied by lots of folks buying multiple sets of these, then selling them on ebay or wherever for a profit. I have a 2013 GT500, my first Shelby product, and I would like to buy a set in this second release to actually use on my car.

Have you guys thought about allowing those that did not buy in the first release to get first shot at these second release wheels? You have records of who bought the first time. Just doesn't seem fair that owners that actually want to use a set on their cars can get displaced by those wanting multiple sets to resell for a profit.

JMO....flamesuit on!

Yes, I have.

I've also considered a maximum purchase per customer.

However, the more devious of the profit-seekers all have friends and family to use as a front. So, it's hard to police.

Jer

Jer,

JMO....flamesuit on!

I think you make an excellent point. Good post.

Yes, I have.

I've also considered a maximum purchase per customer.

However, the more devious of the profit-seekers all have friends and family to use as a front. So, it's hard to police.

Jer

Is there any way to verify ownership of a Shelby product vs purchasers of the wheels? I would be happy to provide my name and Vin # as a requirement for buying in this next offering. That might be a way to confirm that the person hadn't already purchased wheels in the first sale.

Any time line concerning the availability of the remaining wheels?

By the end of February....

Jer

Jer, will you be sending an e-mail out to folks about the release or will you just be posting it on this forum?

Email and forum posts.

Jer

Archived