TEAM SHELBY FORUM

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THE SHELBY FORGED WHEEL PRE-ORDER PROGRAM:

Jer

A lot of folks missed the fine print, or got confused.

We don't need all of your money now. We don't WANT all of your money now.

We only request a $500 "good faith" deposit, for up to six wheels. That way, folks can buy (for example) 2 fronts, 2 rears, and a spare for each.

Lots of people gave us WAY too much money (this happened a lot with customers who ordered online, and was much more prevalent in our Canadian brothers and sisters, for some reason).

You MAY get an email that your dollar amount has changed, it'll be less money than you remember committing to. YOUR ORDER HAS NOT. I just don't want to take $3000 from anyone who thinks they NEED to do that to secure 6 wheels. You don't.

Any questions, please call us. 702-405-3500.

Thanks, and congratulations to the lucky new owners for their astounding support of an iconic product celebrating FIFTY YEARS of Shelby American.

Jer

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Jer I was wondering the same thing. Do you have an estimated date on when we will be contacted for the rest of the payment? I just kinda want a heads up so I can make sure I have the money together in time lol. I'm only 19 so I'm not rich like a lot of guys on here!

They will be shipped in the order they were purchased, so there will be many ship dates.

I would recommend anyone who ordered early be ready soon. Our ETA to the last customers will be complete before the end of December...

Jer

Hey Jer I was wondering the same thing. Do you have an estimated date on when we will be contacted for the rest of the payment? I just kinda want a heads up so I can make sure I have the money together in time lol. I'm only 19 so I'm not rich like a lot of guys on here!

Even for us rich guys putting $2,500 together without the wife finding out takes time and talent !

Andrew

Even for us rich guys putting $2,500 together without the wife finding out takes time and talent !

Andrew

:hysterical:

Jer

I believe in "underpromising and overdelivering".

:salute:

We're calling customers in a "first come, first served" order - anyone who is not ready to make final payment due to our early delivery is simply moved further back toward December to accomodate. No pressure, we just wanted to exceed expectations.

First person to post pictures of them mounted on their car gets a free T-shirt of their choice from the SPP online store.

Jer

OK,,, who's selling the wheels already on " The Mustang source.com " web site ,, you don't even have the wheels yet ? ,,and your asking $3500.00 for them on that mustang site ? ,,, you making $1500.00 off them is crazy . this was all about ,for the people who really wanted them ,, not to re-sell them on another mustang site to make money off them . ,,kinda sad I think of you . who ever it is .

OK,,, who's selling the wheels already on " The Mustang source.com " web site ,, you don't even have the wheels yet ? ,,and your asking $3500.00 for them on that mustang site ? ,,, you making $1500.00 off them is crazy . this was all about ,for the people who really wanted them ,, not to re-sell them on another mustang site to make money off them . ,,kinda sad I think of you . who ever it is .

Link ?

I believe in "underpromising and overdelivering".

:salute:

We're calling customers in a "first come, first served" order - anyone who is not ready to make final payment due to our early delivery is simply moved further back toward December to accomodate. No pressure, we just wanted to exceed expectations.

Jer

Can you post a picture of the Tiffany Snake center caps.

Here are the caps you posted under the Center Cap post.

gallery_37352_1835_95754.jpg

gallery_37352_1835_29209.jpg

gallery_37352_1835_11864.jpg

Can you post a picture of the Tiffany Snake center caps.

Here are the caps you posted under the Center Cap post

I haven't put that together yet. It's actually starting to look like it's not going to happen, but I can't confirm it yet. Sorry for the wait.

Jer

I ordered mine the second day around 4pm I wonder when I'll get the call

My guess would be that you won't be called for a few weeks, but that's a very rough guess.

Jer

Is this cool or what?

:rockon:

My whole team are really having fun with this project. We have an entire additional warehouse dedicated to the program, and we've got 6 people going through the process:

1. Open every box.

2. Inspect every wheel.

3. Re-pack every wheel with bubble wrap, in the original box, then pack into an ADDITIONAL outer box for shipping protection.

4. Add center caps to orders that chose them.

5. Ship!

My newly-promoted Shipping Manager Bill Cherwin is overseeing the team effort, and they have been processing HUNDREDS of wheels each day. It's impressive to see the operation. Bill worked with Alcoa to streamline their packaging process, adding a layer of cling wrap, then a protective plastic ring around each wheel's rim.

Jer

Left to right in this photo (inspecting the first wheel): Shelby CFO Keith Belair, me, Shipping Manager Bill Cherwin, and phone rep Jonathan Eck (the guy calling every customer to finalize their orders).

wheel team.jpg

wheel team.jpg

Left to right in this photo (inspecting the first wheel): Shelby CFO Keith Belair, Jer, Shipping Manager Bill Cherwin, and phone rep Jonathan Eck (the guy calling every customer to finalize their orders).

AlcoaWheelTeam.jpg

That looks like a really fun warehouse to hang out in especially after a good night at the table :) Who get's the golf cart??? Talked with Jonathan yesterday, wheels (and caps) are on the way!

Left to right in this photo (inspecting the first wheel): Shelby CFO Keith Belair.....

I just gotta ask....WHY ON EARTH is the C*F*O of the company involved in this (being a CFO myself)???

I sign the checks but the last thing I'm gonna do is my COO's job!

Phill

Archived