TEAM SHELBY FORUM

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THE SHELBY FORGED WHEEL PRE-ORDER PROGRAM:

Jer

Jer,

I purchased a set during the pre order, but I didn't think to get any back up wheels. Will I be able to buy one of each size or do I have to buy an entire set?

As long as you are quick enough to buy some, you can buy just 2, no worries. There will be no MINIMUM, just a MAXIMUM.

Jer

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as you are quick enough to buy some, you can buy just 2, no worries. There will be no MINIMUM, just a MAXIMUM.

Jer

I want to get one set for my car and on set for my wifes car and a spare for front and back for both cars. Is that over the maximum ?

I want to get one set for my car and on set for my wifes car and a spare for front and back for both cars. Is that over the maximum ?

Yes. We will most likely cap purchases at 6 wheels. And, yes, it stinks. But we REALLY want to try to get the wheels to owners, not eBayers.

Jer

Yes. We will most likely cap purchases at 6 wheels. And, yes, it stinks. But we REALLY want to try to get the wheels to owners, not eBayers.

Jer

As you know both my wife and I own GT500's and they would not end up on E-bay.

...I do understand that you must have rules. Maybe I can order my wifes set......and then hand her the phone and she can order my set. :unsure:

Maybe I can order my wifes set......and then hand her the phone and she can order my set. :unsure:

As you know both my wife and I own GT500's and they would not end up on E-bay.

...I do understand that you must have rules. Maybe I can order my wifes set......and then hand her the phone and she can order my set. :unsure:

Bingo !

It is hard to decide what wheels I will go with if I am unable to get the ALCOAs. Nothing looks better on the Shelby. (IMO) :rockon:

I like the Alcoas very much, and would rather have something made by Shelby on my Shelby. That last ebay Alcoa wheel auction that reached $4600, by the time you put some Michelin PSS on there and had them mounted and balanced, you'd be at $7200 or thereabouts for an entire set on your car. You can get a nice set of 20" HREs with PS2s mounted balanced and shipped for low to mid $8k range, and that is with an 11" rear with 315s on the back, and 10" on the front with 275s.

That last ebay Alcoa wheel auction that reached $4600,

Be patient and you will pay almost half of that directly from Shelby.

I don't understand why anyone would pay $4600 for a set of "Fifty Year" Alcoa's, at least at this point in time (INSTANT gratification???).

Phill

Be patient and you will pay almost half of that directly from Shelby.

I don't understand why anyone would pay $4600 for a set of "Fifty Year" Alcoa's, at least at this point in time (INSTANT gratification???).

Phill

Some just have deeper pockets. Thats all.

Guys I've read every page and I cannot find what the original price was per wheel. Can anyone PM me and let me know. Just trying to sit the money aside so I can order six wheels.

Thanks!

20 X 9 were $564.99

20 X10 were $584.99

Caps were $149.99

Shipping $137.97

To my front door for the 4 plus caps $2587.92

Guys I've read every page and I cannot find what the original price was per wheel. Can anyone PM me and let me know. Just trying to sit the money aside so I can order six wheels.

Thanks!

So Duke....You're not going with the Forestars?

So Duke....You're not going with the Forestars?

Not necessarily. I'm actively pursuing both options. Here is the final list/analysis I did. I'm not going to consider the Alcoa's if I don't widen the rears. I cannot justify spending that kind of money and not dramatically improving rear traction. Either solution has to significantly improve rear traction. Reason being that either late this summer or next spring I am going to do a 2013 SVT TVS, CJ TB, & VMP Tune. I'm estimating this upgrade at $2,875 plus install....so maybe $3,000.

My Updated List of Options I’m Considering:

1. Alcoa Rims (10” Front and Widened Rear to 11.5”)

Front Tire: Michelin Pilot SS in 275/35/20 (10.9SW on 9.5" / 27.6OD / 10.2”TW / 9-11”Rim) - $349

Rear Tire: Michelin Pilot SS in 295/35/20 (11.9SW on 10.5" / 28.1OD / 12”TW / 10-11.5”Rim) - $422

Cost: $4,542

- $2,300 for the rims ($565 / $585 - SA)

- $700 for widening

- $1,542 for tires (Tire Rack)

Pro:

- I like the look of chrome best with my white stripes and Grabber blue paint

- The rims are recognizably Shelby rims, so it’s a bit nostalgic. I know it shouldn’t really matter b/c I don’t have an SS, but something about having Shelby SS rims brings a bit of a smile

- Rear traction width is up to at least 11.9 section width and 12” tred width. (probably more with a stretched tire)

Con:

- Price is $1,000 more expensive than going with a similar looking rim which will have wider rear tires, albeit not in chrome.

- I'll have to buy two spare rims to protect against losing the entire set should one get damaged beyond repair.

295/35/20 rubs on a 10” rim with FR springs but it may not rub if it’s stretched to a 11.5” rim by pulling back the side wall bulge. Problem is this hasn’t been proven yet by anyone.

- This is pretty much the only tire combo I can do because I need something that will work in the rain, spring and fall. For example the R888 is too aggressive and the Dunlop is too expensive.

2. Forgestar CF10 Rims (10” Front and 11” Rear)

Front Tire: Michelin Pilot SS in 275/35/20 (10.9SW on 9.5" / 27.6OD / 10.2”TW / 9-11”Rim) - $349

Rear Tire: Michelin Pilot SS in 315/35/20 (12.6SW on 11" / 28.7OD / 12.5”TW / 10.5-12.5”Rim) - $456

Cost: $3,450

- $1,840 for the rims

- $1,610 for tires (Tire Rack)

Pro:

- Rear traction width is up to at least 12.6 section width and 12.5” tred width. .5” more than the Alcoa option. However, I find it hard to believe that an overall diameter of 28.7 won’t rub, maybe the wheel offset is just that perfect, but Paul at Howey Industries said he thinks it will fit on a GT500 with FR lowering springs as long as I don’t lower below 1.5”.

Con:

- It’s not a Shelby rim

- Chrome is not available

- 10” front rim is going out of stock and will not be reproduced

3. Forgestar CF10 Rims (10” Front and 11” Rear)

Rear Tire: Michelin Pilot PS2 in 305/35/20 (12.3SW on 11" / 28.4OD / 11.2”TW / 10-12”Rim) - $483

Cost: $3,504

- $1,840 for the rims

- $1,664 for tires (Tire Rack)

Pro/Con: Same as above

Well, I'd say you've done your research! I've backed off the Forgestars for now. I'll give it a year or so. I too would rather have a set of Alcoas but just can't justify it right now. Mine is not a daily driver so having F1's on there for now is fine for me, plus they're brand new.

Mine is not a daily driver so having F1's on there for now is fine for me, plus they're brand new.

I have my OEM F-1 goodyear (with less than 3,000 miles on them) up on a rack in my garage. IF I ever go to sell my car, all of the mods will come of and all OEM parts will go back on for a 100% original Shelby GT500...Unless someone wants to pay good money for the take-off parts (and assorted spare parts I have).

I did that with a Harley I had and made WAY more than if I had sold it with all of the mods on it.

Phill

Well, I'd say you've done your research! I've backed off the Forgestars for now. I'll give it a year or so. I too would rather have a set of Alcoas but just can't justify it right now. Mine is not a daily driver so having F1's on there for now is fine for me, plus they're brand new.

I'm still game if you want to meet up sometime when things warm up. I was able to float the rim tire idea with the wife bc my f1 are going into their 4th summer and have 25k miles on them. So it's time for new tires.

Hey Jer what's your email address

I'm also interested ?

Responded to PM

Jer

Archived