TEAM SHELBY FORUM

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THE SHELBY FORGED WHEEL PRE-ORDER PROGRAM:

Jer

Don't know if I am the first, here is a pic of the 50th Alcoa's on my GT500.

Beautiful!

Jer

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First *I* have seen!

Unless someone can point me to an earlier post, I think we have our T-shirt winner here...

Jer

I'll take it! Let me know how to get the shirt.

Go to www.shelbystore.com, pick out a T-shirt (add it to the cart in your size so we know it's in stock), then PM me the Part #, along with your shipping address.

Congrats!

Jer

Without the center tops I think it should be a tank top !

Andrew

Naw, that's MY fault. I'll pay for the sleeve upgrade!

Jer

Wait so if you could fit a 295 on the rear would we be able to fit a 275 on the front? Why did you go 295/30 instead of 295/35?

Toyo does not have that tire in 295/35, same for the front. They only have 255/35. This way both front and back are the same height. Plus I have the 9" Alcoa's in the front.

Going to blame me for the lack of center caps? Talk to Jer about that one..... :rockon:

Hey, I took the heat a couple posts ago!

Jer

Hey, I took the heat a couple posts ago!

Jer

That's why you get paid...."da big bucks".

And ya knew the job was dangerous when ya took it!

Phill

Thanks for all the good work, Jer! Just kidding with the comment........

You're welcome. As for the comment, we all know I've heard WORSE things. Search the forums! LOL...

Your T-shirt will ship tomorrow. Thanks again for your support.

Jer

I used Toyo Proxes 4 Plus all season tires, 255/35/20 and 295/30/20. They fit perfect in my opinion. The rears are just flush with the body and look quite a bit wider than the Goodyears.

I was planning to go with the Michelin's but found these Toyo Proxy 4 295/30/20 for $175 each, much lower than the Michelins. Any comments on how well the Toyo's compare to the Michelin's (or Goodyear's for that matter) for spirited street driving, no tracking? I would think they would fall in somewhere between, I have had them on other vehicles and was satisfied with the ride and handling - the GT500 may be something different.

FWIW, We've been using the Michelin Pilot Sport line on some Production cars, they are getting rave reviews in our tests.

Jer

I was planning to go with the Michelin's but found these Toyo Proxy 4 295/30/20 for $175 each, much lower than the Michelins. Any comments on how well the Toyo's compare to the Michelin's (or Goodyear's for that matter) for spirited street driving, no tracking? I would think they would fall in somewhere between, I have had them on other vehicles and was satisfied with the ride and handling - the GT500 may be something different.

I have not tried the Michelins yet, but I needed tires which are usable in colder weather. So far I think the traction compares favorably with the Goodyears, especially when the tires are not up to temperature. The Toyo's are Y rated for this application, the ride is in my opinion a bit smoother and the handling is still great.

FWIW, We've been using the Michelin Pilot Sport line on some Production cars, they are getting rave reviews in our tests.

Jer

Jer,

Do you know what the speed rating is on them?

I need a set with (Y) rating...Which is NOT the same as Y rating.

Y Rating: 186 MPH

(Y) Rating = 186+ SUSTAINED MPH

Well, I should say I'd like to have a set with a (Y) rating for running the Mojave Mile with a 190+MPH Goal.

TIA,

Phill

I have not tried the Michelins yet, but I needed tires which are usable in colder weather. So far I think the traction compares favorably with the Goodyears, especially when the tires are not up to temperature. The Toyo's are Y rated for this application, the ride is in my opinion a bit smoother and the handling is still great.

Are these the same ones mentioned above that sell for $175.00 ea???

Are they Y rated or (Y) rated?

That's ($175ea) CHEAP for any Y rated tire. At least compared to what I've been looking at.

TIA,

Phill

Hereby a pic of the gift...

Oh MAN! That's just too cool.

Available to the GP or just for fist time Alcoa picture posters?????

I WANT ONE! <lol>

Jer???

Phill (I'm a SUCKER for cool trinkets and gadgets!)

Oh MAN! That's just too cool.

Available to the GP or just for fist time Alcoa picture posters?????

I WANT ONE! <lol>

Jer???

Phill (I'm a SUCKER for cool trinkets and gadgets!)

This was the gift I sent to everyone who got their wheels but had their center caps delayed a few days. Not for sale, just something special for the occasion. The photo doesn't show that it is actually proportionate, almost an inch thick - pretty big and heavy, actually.

BTW, I'll check on the Michelin speed rating for you today.

Jer

Archived