TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strongly thinking of selling

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:shrug:

I have seen a 2008 and 2009 side by side and to me the 09 seemed to have more metal flake in the paint. Of course, that was just my novice observation. At the time, I didn't know that the two different years actually had a different paint code.

Maybe it's me but it seems the asking prices are increasing on KRs.

Aside from rising fuel prices (once again), everything was set into place for KRs to rise in value, right from the start. They're the last of the pre-title Shelby Mustangs, (arguably) the better looking between the first & current generation S197 body styles, and they were the best variant of those first generation '07-'09 GT500s.

I think all it will take to see them gain in value, will be news of economic improvement in our country. I've already noticed housing sales and prices starting to pick up... Just sold one and bought another. Maybe people are viewing the upcoming elections optimistically. :)

My opinion, although limited in number, you will always find what you want in a car eventually. Be it a KR or Boss, they are always for sale. I desperately wanted a 07 SGT but did not want to pay 42k when they came out. I waited two years and found a 800 mile example and paid half the price. Although I have my cash tied up, I feel like I can drive any enjoy my Shelby and still be able to sell and break even at worst. If it is a house you need, I would take care of that first. Historically speaking, housing will come back. Cars are a crap shoot.

By the way, I had a 70 Cutlass 442 conv. I sold for 7k back in 91. Damn things are selling for big bucks on Barrett Jackson.

That's a tough decision. Who knows what the value will be in 5 or 20 years. I have an 08 Anniversary KR signed. 1,000 made. I am going to keep it period. The new Shelbys are nice but there are many of them and more being made. I had an 07, they told us there would be a 2-3 year build...now the Gt-55 is a commodity and a kool car. Buying a car that is exclusive and has the name Shelby on it is an investment and an enjoyment. You'll make the right decision.

Hi

Scotty sorry hope you don't mind but I'm kind of in a similar position. Just bought a house, paid more than originally planned now have mortgage. Selling my 08 KR with 1,200 miles on it would make a bit of a dent in the mortgage. I'll probably never have another but its just sitting there in the garage costing me money, so for the right money I think I'd let it go. If anyone is interested, pm me please.

Thanks

J

Hi

Scotty sorry hope you don't mind but I'm kind of in a similar position. Just bought a house, paid more than originally planned now have mortgage. Selling my 08 KR with 1,200 miles on it would make a bit of a dent in the mortgage. I'll probably never have another but its just sitting there in the garage costing me money, so for the right money I think I'd let it go. If anyone is interested, pm me please.

Thanks

J

Post us some pictures and color descriptions, etc....

Andy.

The new 2014 mustang is going to be a radical departure in design and look. From the magazines I looked at the new Stang is going to look like a Supra. It also is said to be too small to accomdate a V8.

If this happens my prediction is that limited production "07 to '09 Mustangs like the KR, SGT, Supersnakes will become very desirable and become classics overnight.

My 2 cents.

The new 2014 mustang is going to be a radical departure in design and look.

I think you're confused.

The 2014 will be nearly identical to the 2013 and the 2015 is when the body style change is slated for.

Phill

Went back and took a look at some of the articles on the 2015 Mustang. Clearly will be a radical exterior redesign. While they will offer a V8 it appears the only V8 that will be offered is the 5.0.

As such if this is accurate the vernerable 5.4 and 5.8 will be history. If you want a 5.4 or 5.8 you will need to by an older Mustang. Again, I think this will add to the increased desirability of limited production Mustangs like the KR.

• 11 months later...

If you bought a 1979 49-State TA it had a 455ci and 4-sp trans in it. If you bought a 50-State TA (Calif. smog legal), it had a 400ci and A/T in it.

The '79 455/4-sp is a VERY good performer...For its day. The 400/auto....NOT SO MUCH! <lol>

Phill (former Pontiac freak)

Not sure how I stumbled onto this old thread, doesn't matter I guess, but 455's were not offered in the trans am after 1976. I believe pontiac 400's and oldsmobile 403's were the choices for the 79.

I believe pontiac 400's and oldsmobile 403's were the choices for the 79.

Yes, unless it was a 49-State car, and they were RARE. All others were 400/AT cars.

The School I worked for (Wyo Tech) had one and I wanted it BADLY. I never even knew there was such a thing as a 455/4-spd until I saw this one.

And they wouldn't give it up.

Phill

Yes, unless it was a 49-State car, and they were RARE. All others were 400/AT cars.

The School I worked for (Wyo Tech) had one and I wanted it BADLY. I never even knew there was such a thing as a 455/4-spd until I saw this one.

And they wouldn't give it up.

Phill

I guess we'll just disagree on this one.

Chip

I guess we'll just disagree on this one.

Chip

I could be mistaken on the YEAR model. It might have been '77 or '78 too.

What I know for SURE, is that the CA (50-state) cars were 400/ci & A/T and the FED (49-state) cars were 455 & M/T (4-spd). Oh, and I'm *pretty* sure that was a TA, not a base Firebird or Forumla. It was white and I'm kind of remembering it had the super turkey on the hood.

And IIRC, back then the Pontiac "400" was actually a 403ci but still called a 400?

I had 5 early Gen. 2 Firebirds and that's why the school car peaked my interest.

1), 1970 Firebird Forumla A/T (more of a parts donar car than anything else)

2). 1970 Formula RA-III A/T (SWEET car)

3). 1970 Firebird Trans-Am RA-IV 4-spd (originally a RA-III car, still had the RA-III engine)

4). 1971 Firebird Formula 455HD 4-spd (HD, NOT SD)

5). 1973 Firebird Formula A/T

I had to sell 'em to move from CA to CO, couldn't take them with me...STUPIDEST move of my LIFE.

The '70 TA is worth a small fortune and I won't even say what I sold the lot of 5 for!

Phill (it was DIRT CHEAP)

Purchasing a second home is a true investment that will appreciate and add to your net worth. If you rent it out even better with income and tax right offs. As much as I love cars it would be better for anyone to increase their net worth when given the chance.

I agree, at the end of the day it is a Car. Sure it might appreciate in 20 years, but not nearly as much as almost any other investment. The fact it is just sitting would bother me, why pay for something your not even driving.

I could be mistaken on the YEAR model. It might have been '77 or '78 too.

What I know for SURE, is that the CA (50-state) cars were 400/ci & A/T and the FED (49-state) cars were 455 & M/T (4-spd). Oh, and I'm *pretty* sure that was a TA, not a base Firebird or Forumla. It was white and I'm kind of remembering it had the super turkey on the hood.

And IIRC, back then the Pontiac "400" was actually a 403ci but still called a 400?

I had 5 early Gen. 2 Firebirds and that's why the school car peaked my interest.

1), 1970 Firebird Forumla A/T (more of a parts donar car than anything else)

2). 1970 Formula RA-III A/T (SWEET car)

3). 1970 Firebird Trans-Am RA-IV 4-spd (originally a RA-III car, still had the RA-III engine)

4). 1971 Firebird Formula 455HD 4-spd (HD, NOT SD)

5). 1973 Firebird Formula A/T

I had to sell 'em to move from CA to CO, couldn't take them with me...STUPIDEST move of my LIFE.

The '70 TA is worth a small fortune and I won't even say what I sold the lot of 5 for!

Phill (it was DIRT CHEAP)

Still disagreeing, can't find anything anywhere where ponitac offered a 455 in a TA after 1976.

Still disagreeing, can't find anything anywhere where ponitac offered a 455 in a TA after 1976.

I'll see if I can find it. I think I *might* have my pocket smog manual around somewhere (gave ALL of my manuals away when I moved from CA to CO!)

Phill

Archived