TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Your favorite Mustang ad

Evil95GT

In the spirit of the Mustang birthday, I figured we'd play a fun little game. List your all time favorite piece of advertising...........be it print, radio, or television, tell us which one sticks with you.

For me, it was a print ad for the 1994 SN95 debut. Pictured was a Canary Yellow 1994 GT coupe with Tri-bar wheels. Excellent one liner, and one I'll never forget:

It kicks and screams just like the day it was born

I *loved* that! The car looked aggressive, the one line diddy matched perfectly, and it made me WANT the car. Very effective advertising. I ended up buying a brand new 95 GT not long after the ad. :yup:

For me it was when Ford decided to get the Mustang back into excitement. It was late 1981, early 1982 when Ford ran ads in car magazines with "The Boss is back!" It was the introduction of the 5.0, and tugged at our heart strings by noting that it came with an Edelbrock aluminum intake and Holley 4 bbl carb from the factory. This got me excited in Detroit again. It seemed like someone decided to make cars fun again.

Steve

In the spirit of the Mustang birthday, I figured we'd play a fun little game. List your all time favorite piece of advertising...........be it print, radio, or television, tell us which one sticks with you.

For me, it was a print ad for the 1994 SN95 debut. Pictured was a Canary Yellow 1994 GT coupe with Tri-bar wheels. Excellent one liner, and one I'll never forget:

It kicks and screams just like the day it was born

I *loved* that! The car looked aggressive, the one line diddy matched perfectly, and it made me WANT the car. Very effective advertising. I ended up buying a brand new 95 GT not long after the ad. :yup:

I figure that if the GT500 stirs my soul...and testosterone...there has to be a reason. I think I've put my finger on it. It's deja vu'..........

post-2868-1145271925_thumb.jpg

Deja vu'? Irony? Evolution? Who cares! I think this would make an outstanding side by side print ad. This one on the left.....the modern-day GT and the GT500 on the right in the same format. But, hey...maybe that's just me. What do you think?

bj

post-2868-1145271925_thumb.jpg

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 17 2006, 08:51 AM) 8311[/snapback]

I really like the "Homecoming" commercial from the 2005 Mustang GT launch. Young soldier returning home from the middle east, and his family gives him a new Mustang GT. Dad has a classic Mustang already that's parked nearby. Kinda had a nostalgic feeling from the Vietnam era when soldiers came home lusting for musclecars, but with a modern gulf war type of spin.

Yeah....I forgot about that one. It was great! Now that I think about it, the Star Spangled Banner one was fun.

bj

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 17 2006, 08:51 AM) 8311[/snapback]

I really like the "Homecoming" commercial from the 2005 Mustang GT launch. Young soldier returning home from the middle east, and his family gives him a new Mustang GT. Dad has a classic Mustang already that's parked nearby. Kinda had a nostalgic feeling from the Vietnam era when soldiers came home lusting for musclecars, but with a modern gulf war type of spin.

That one was awesome. Probably the best of all time. As a young teen I really like the "kickin asphalt" commercials with the launch of the '87 GT also.

Well, I'm embarassed to admit it, but I wasn't a "modern" mustang fan until the 05's - please don't hate me! I have a 68, and have always liked the classics, but the "bang for the buck" brought me to my first new car purchase after college - a 96 Camaro Z-28. For the money, the HP and features (6 speed, Bose stereo etc) sold me over the anemic mustangs of the time. I loved that car and hated to get rid of it - long story, don't ask!

I remember the Super Bowl ad for the 05 Convertable - Fargo type music and scene - idleing 'vert with top down, it's winter and snowing, in the middle of nowhere, green light but car doesn't move. Cop pulls up behind and they still don't move. Cop comes up to check the driver whos frozen solid, with a smile on his face from ear to ear! :D Classic!

Well, I'm embarassed to admit it, but I wasn't a "modern" mustang fan until the 05's - please don't hate me! I have a 68, and have always liked the classics, but the "bang for the buck" brought me to my first new car purchase after college - a 96 Camaro Z-28. For the money, the HP and features (6 speed, Bose stereo etc) sold me over the anemic mustangs of the time. I loved that car and hated to get rid of it - long story, don't ask!

Only a narrow-minded person would hate ya for that! My opinon should be gold right now, as I'm an F-body fan myself. :yup: I sorta kick myself for not picking up a WS6 before 2002, but what can I do now? I was hooked the instant I drove my buddy's '00 Z28. I didn't care for the "skip shift" but could have lived with it. But what can I say? I like cars of all kinds. :)

Only a narrow-minded person would hate ya for that! My opinon should be gold right now, as I'm an F-body fan myself. :yup: I sorta kick myself for not picking up a WS6 before 2002, but what can I do now? I was hooked the instant I drove my buddy's '00 Z28. I didn't care for the "skip shift" but could have lived with it. But what can I say? I like cars of all kinds. :)

Yeah, if the family wasn't growing at the time, I would have liked to get one of the last Z's or T/A's. And don't get me started on the stupid skip-shift... :finger: didn't happen when I was driving it like I wanted to, but would always catch me when I was starting off slowly in traffic (would only come on when partial throttle was used).

At first I didn't like the seating/cockpit, but the more I drove it the more I liked it. Plus, how many 285hp cars can get over 30mpg cruising at 85-90mph! Loved that ultra-OD 6speed!!

Archived