TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What's this? A new Alcoa perhaps?? We'll know Monday...

SVT NAJA

Pretty sure THEY are all sold out by now, but I'll check for you today.

Also, WE will have some in stock, after the pre-order customers receive theirs. Check back often.

Jer

Jer I think someone already asked but I didn't see a response. Do you know what color code the black ones were before when Shelby sold them. I'm looking to powder coat my set and want them to match the same black on the Super Snakes. Thanks

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jer I think someone already asked but I didn't see a response. Do you know what color code the black ones were before when Shelby sold them. I'm looking to powder coat my set and want them to match the same black on the Super Snakes. Thanks

I asked about that, and it turns out we weren't very "fancy": We just asked the powdercoater for "satin black".

Besides, I was told that every powdercoater uses their favorite brand of powder, much like a painter, so it's not universal anyway.

Jer

Is satin black different from matte black?

It is 8.7% "more black"...

Jer

"None More Black":

Jer

Ha! But "Death sells"

"The White Album? There was NOTHING on that ***damn cover!", as uttered by future "Nanny" Fran Drescher. She played the role of record executive to a "T" in that movie!

Jer

Jer any luck finding the which dealers SPP allocated some Alcoas?

Still waiting to hear back from those that may have some available... sorry for the delay.

BTW, remember: We will have some too, after the pre-orders are fullfilled. I'll announce with lead time.

Jer

Still waiting to hear back from those that may have some available... sorry for the delay.

BTW, remember: We will have some too, after the pre-orders are fullfilled. I'll announce with lead time.

Jer

So there are going to be more available if so when ?

So there are going to be more available if so when ?

We will announce when all the existing orders have been filled in December.

Jer

Count me in!

Watch this site!

Jer

Thank you Jer! Please count me in for a set as well! Thank you for the heads up - your customer appreciation is awesome!

:salute:

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

We will send an email and post it on this site when we have the remaining quantity available to sell.

We will give notice as to when the orders will be accepted, and the phone center will open early that day, and I predict they will go fast.

So, stay tuned!

Jer

Got the call yesterday on the wheels. Shipping out next week!

Enjoy them, and thanks for your support!

Jer

Tousley Ford Parts Depot has the TPMS kit with activation tool for a 2012 GT500 for $140 plus shipping. Part # TPMSKIT. These will fit the Alcoa's and work with the 2013 GT500. These are the plastic sensors that come standard in the 2012 GT500's and are only recommended for 2012 GT500 speeds.

Is it this one:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=22811

The part # you posted doesn't match so I'm wondering if Tousley is selling a aftermarket counterpart to this Ford Racing kit or if that's just a internal part number they supplied.

As for the price difference, Tousley sells parts for cost + 10% (or + $200, whichever is LESS) so that could still be the same part but w/o mark-up (meaning there's a real good mark-up on it!).

My main question would be, why would they be selling a AM part vs. a FRPP or FoMoCo part, other than the price difference (if there is one)?

I was going to see what Tousley sold the FRPP kit for and was heading towards using it over a AM kit but they MIGHT be one and the same animal (rebadged with FRPP logo and price!).

Phill

Phill,

The part number is an in house number. It is the same as the FRPP kit, M-1180-A, but it is made up from individual Ford parts. The M-1180-A kit was on sale for $120, but the sale is over and the new price is $194. Steve put this kit together so they could stay ahead of Tire Rack.

You will need to call them directly, 800-328-9552, to order the kit. i ordered mine today and also ordered a cargo net for the trunk, My parts have already been shipped by UPS.

I have seen a 2 posts on other forums about guys backing out or canceling their order. Is there a waiting list in the event some do cancel?

I think those are the ones he is talking about that will be available after all orders are full, I many jump on this too if they become available.

We also did not totally "sell out". There will be more available, and we'll let EVERYONE know with plenty of notice.

Just don't blink! LOL

Jer

Archived