TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What's this? A new Alcoa perhaps?? We'll know Monday...

SVT NAJA

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be awesome if it is the Alcoa wheels revived! With everything Jer has managed so far, it wouldn't surprise me. I will however keep my hopes down until the time comes, lol... besides, I am saving up for the Bash right now! BUT... there are always tax returns...

:headscratch:

You really didn't get it?

OK, the Post said coming Monday but gave no Date. SOOOOOOOO I said Monday was 4 Days AGO (which it was at the time) as if telling him He was LATE in telling us, not Early.................does that help? :hysterical2:

Honestly, I don't believe it will be the Alcoas... if I were a bettin' man I'd say its the wheel on the Shelby 1000/Tribute cars. Everything I've read or heard thru the grapevine says the Alcoa/Shelby American relationship is less-than reliable. Also, it seems to me the Alcoas would be a step backwards, no matter how popular they are. Just one man's opinion....

This is PURE speculation on my part, but assuming what is under the drape is a wheel I have to say it does not look like an Alcoa. If it were IDENTICAL to the old Alcoas then the undulations of the cloth that have worked inward on the wheel face would be hitting the spokes... which they are not. Also, its very fitted around the top portion at around 11 o'clock and there too the folds of the cloth are not hitting any spokes. At around 9 o'clock on the cloth it appears to me at least that the wheel has an outer rim, again without a spoke, but could very well be the outer rim on the Shelby 1000/Tribute.

Again, this is ENTIRELY speculation on my part, and may be reaching VERY far... but assuming what is under this cloth is indeed the actual item we are going to see on Monday, and is in fact a wheel... which it likely is, then my take once again is either the new SS wheel or the Tribute wheel rather than the Alcoa.

Honestly, I don't believe it will be the Alcoas... if I were a bettin' man I'd say its the wheel on the Shelby 1000/Tribute cars. Everything I've read or heard thru the grapevine says the Alcoa/Shelby American relationship is less-than reliable. Also, it seems to me the Alcoas would be a step backwards, no matter how popular they are. Just one man's opinion....

This would be a horrible investment. They will have what maybe 20 people duplicate the tribute car? How many people want to cut into their car just for a set of 13" wheels for $20,000. Not as many that want a 20x9 and 20x11 that fits a 315 safely on it.. They might as make the tribute wheels from gold, wouldn't sell as many as the Alcoas

This would be a horrible investment. They will have what maybe 20 people duplicate the tribute car? How many people want to cut into their car just for a set of 13" wheels for $20,000. Not as many that want a 20x9 and 20x11 that fits a 315 safely on it.. They might as make the tribute wheels from gold, wouldn't sell as many as the Alcoas

Not necessarily the WIDTH of the Tribute car wheels... just the design.

They're now available to purchase for a December delivery. $500.00 each plus centercaps if you want them also. I just ordered my set of four.

To clarify, a single $500 deposit is good for up to 6 wheels (I figured folks might want to buy spares).

The wheel pricing is on the Deposit page.

Jer

well played Jer! :salute:

Thanks!

Jer

Archived