TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What's this? A new Alcoa perhaps?? We'll know Monday...

SVT NAJA

Totally sweet wheels!

For those asking about running 10's and 275's up front, I've been running the 10" Alcoas with 275 Michelin's up front for about a year and no issues at all. I think they look fantastic.

But is your car lowered??

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jer,

Is there any chance you could get Alcoa to run a few extras without the "Fifty Years" and just the "Shelby Forged" on them? I bought a complete staggered set a while back before they were discontinued but at the time could not afford any spares. Now I would really love to buy at least one of each size, if that was at all possible. What do you think?

Thanks again for the great customer service - I am really happy for everyone who is getting a set of these beautiful wheels!

Comp Cobra

Jer,

Is there any chance you could get Alcoa to run a few extras without the "Fifty Years" and just the "Shelby Forged" on them? I bought a complete staggered set a while back before they were discontinued but at the time could not afford any spares. Now I would really love to buy at least one of each size, if that was at all possible. What do you think?

Thanks again for the great customer service - I am really happy for everyone who is getting a set of these beautiful wheels!

Comp Cobra

I'm in the same boat. Maybe someone would rather have a "Fifty" set and will unload there "Plain" Alcoas.

Jer,

Comp Cobra

Unfortunately, no.

Part of getting this deal done with Alcoa was that we committed to "one big run", no changes allowed.

Thanks for the kind words, I'll share your note with my staff.

Jer

Thank you for the quick reply Jer! I will just have to keep my eyes and ears open for some then....08KR525, if you find a set, I would go in half so we could each have a spare!!!

No one has mentioned this, so *I* will:

There is a REALLY good chance that the introduction of our "last run" wheel may stimulate the used market a bit, and help to create a correction in 20" Alcoa values. So be eagle-eyed on eBay, people!

Jer

Jer, love to get a set of Alcoas but but also entertain ans set of factory razors in silver. Any talk of this?

Razors were made by American Racing. I believe there are "re-issues" available at AmericanMuscle.com...

Jer

Jer, love to get a set of Alcoas but but also entertain ans set of factory razors in silver. Any talk of this?

You might want to PM UCLAman... I don't know this for sure, but he might have a set of Razors he's unloading.

Jer,

How many wheels are in this last run?

Thx

Hard to say, we're figuring how many will go to our dealers, and how many will be "direct-sale". I CAN say that anyone who wants these needs to act fast. Today I stopped several times to run the numbers, the pace was so fast, I was scared we'd sell out.

Jer

There is a REALLY good chance that the introduction of our "last run" wheel may stimulate the used market a bit, and help to create a correction in 20" Alcoa values. So be eagle-eyed on eBay, people!

Jer

Jer

All the old alcoas on ebay will plummet in value. Though when these are gone again they will probably go up again and maybe these will go up higher.

Per-ordered and excited! So happy Shelby is offering these wheels again.

Does anyone know he widest size to put in back on the 20x10's. I'm lowered with FRPP 5300-L's. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Per-ordered and excited! So happy Shelby is offering these wheels again.

Does anyone know he widest size to put in back on the 20x10's. I'm lowered with FRPP 5300-L's. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Although wider is still possible, the best bet on a 20x10 rear on a lowered car is a 295. Anything larger will likely rub.... even then its possible without an adjustable panhard to center the rear axle.

Thank you for the suggestion HyperStangs. I have the Steeda adjustable panhard bar and brace. I was thinking 295 as well. Going to check out some tire brand options as I wait for the order to come through. Thanks again.

Jer

If you think there's going to be a correction in 20" Alcoa's, wait until you see the landslide in pricing on OEM wheels...

But is your car lowered??

Yes it has the Shelby/Eibach pro-street coil over kit. The 295/35 tires don't rub in the rear but when I had the 315/35 they did rub only when the car would hit a dip in the road. So ended up with the 295's and they fit perfect. Have not had any rubbing on any dips or during hard cornering either. And the fronts i can turn lock to lock with no rubbing and same when hard cornering. Right now with the pro-street coil overs they are at their highest setting which I believe is still a 1.2" drop. If i put it all the way down the car would practically be slammed.

And this is while running 11" Alcoas in the rear and 10" up front.

Yes it has the Shelby/Eibach pro-street coil over kit. The 295/35 tires don't rub in the rear but when I had the 315/35 they did rub only when the car would hit a dip in the road. So ended up with the 295's and they fit perfect. Have not had any rubbing on any dips or during hard cornering either. And the fronts i can turn lock to lock with no rubbing and same when hard cornering. Right now with the pro-street coil overs they are at their highest setting which I believe is still a 1.2" drop. If i put it all the way down the car would practically be slammed.

Since the original tires/wheels were of different widths, would having 10's all around wind up with the fronts sticking out farther than the rears? I see you still have different widths, so I would think it remains in perspective. Any comments/suggestions regarding same width wheels? Thanks!

05mustangman,

what size tire do you run up front?? Looking to run 10's and 11's also when I get the cash for the rubber and widening. Thanks

Since the original tires/wheels were of different widths, would having 10's all around wind up with the fronts sticking out farther than the rears? I see you still have different widths, so I would think it remains in perspective. Any comments/suggestions regarding same width wheels? Thanks!

Robert M told me via another site that 9' and 10' Alcoa's are interchangable from the brake mounting surface outwards. The extra inch is on the inside of the wheel, not on the outside. He's the fellow that runs 10's up front on his red SS and had his 9's widened for the back.

To me it makes sense to run 10's up front with 275/35's on them since the car is so heavy on the front. I would think more tire would be appropriate vs less tire, but I'm no race car guy. 295/35's on the back seem as big as one should go so as to not risk rubbing.

If anyone has a different perspective or a different experience, please chime in.

Also what is the deal with mounting tires on these rims? The one fellow here had his SS rims wrecked by some sort of "iron bar" tire changer??? Where should you go or what equipment should a tire shop have to safely put the rubber on?? Anyone?

Robert M told me via another site that 9' and 10' Alcoa's are interchangable from the brake mounting surface outwards. The extra inch is on the inside of the wheel, not on the outside. He's the fellow that runs 10's up front on his red SS and had his 9's widened for the back.

To me it makes sense to run 10's up front with 275/35's on them since the car is so heavy on the front. I would think more tire would be appropriate vs less tire, but I'm no race car guy. 295/35's on the back seem as big as one should go so as to not risk rubbing.

If anyone has a different perspective or a different experience, please chime in.

Also what is the deal with mounting tires on these rims? The one fellow here had his SS rims wrecked by some sort of "iron bar" tire changer??? Where should you go or what equipment should a tire shop have to safely put the rubber on?? Anyone?

Thanks for the info Frank. If what you've said is accurate, I may want to change my order and get the 10's all around? Maybe a call to Jer or another Shelby American representative is in order. Can anyone else confirm this information? Thanks for any help you can provide!

05mustangman,

what size tire do you run up front?? Looking to run 10's and 11's also when I get the cash for the rubber and widening. Thanks

I'm running the 275/35 Pilot Super Sports up front and they have been fantastic so far.

I never got the chance to run the 10's all around at the same time. Right now you can eyeball it from the front and they look about even. I don't think having the 11's or 10's in the back will make a difference on how far they stick out because they widen the wheels to the inside. With the 295/35 in the rear it sits perfectly, but with the 315/35 it's a possibility it could stick out maybe 1/8" more. Didn't get a chance to really compare, I didn't have the 315's on long enough because they rubbed.

They should have a machine that has rubber on the end instead of metal. Though they most likely will still need to use a metal bar like my dealership did on my SVTPP rims. BUT..... I made them wrap it in like 10 microfiber towels before hand :). I literally stood there watching the guy do it to make sure he didn't mess anything up. Even the rubber stuff will damage your rims. I literally had them put layers of microfiber towels over EVERYTHING. And even after all of this I still got 2 baby knicks on my SVTPP rims. Though they are like literally 1mm big no one would notice. You literally have to be like me and just put your eyes 2 inches away from the rims and look all around the corners till you find it.

I suggest with the alcoas everyone do the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Hard to say, we're figuring how many will go to our dealers, and how many will be "direct-sale". I CAN say that anyone who wants these needs to act fast. Today I stopped several times to run the numbers, the pace was so fast, I was scared we'd sell out.

Jer

Who are your dealers? I need to order a set, 2 20x9 and 2 20x10. Thanks Jer!

Who are your dealers? I need to order a set, 2 20x9 and 2 20x10. Thanks Jer!

Pretty sure THEY are all sold out by now, but I'll check for you today.

Also, WE will have some in stock, after the pre-order customers receive theirs. Check back often.

Jer

Archived