TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ponies on the Plaines 2012

LEROY UHRIG

Sean and Randy,

I talked to Tammi last night and if you need us to help out, we will be more than happy to do what needs to be done.

On a side note, Tammi saw that Jeff from Track Guys will be back next year and now she wants to drive my car. Oh :censored: !!

Mark

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p9ldNfqlqw&feature=player_detailpage[/media

]Found this on you tube. The parade lap I talked about from the seat of the 69' Boss 429. So cool for me to see. That is me in front and the Hell Snake in front of me. We seemed to all have a chance to jump on it on the front stretch. Sure had to use caution with such quality cars around me. I am not sure how you would explain things to your insurance company.

I found another video on Youtube showing the recon lap for the AutoCross Saturday morning. Looks like it was shot from the corner station at the apex of turn 5. I see a number of cars representing Team Shelby passing by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOmbk5Ejhv8

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions and please keep them coming! We will look at everything and try to find things that work for everyone. As randy said, we are already working on next years event to make it even better (and bigger!).

The dates are September 20-22, 2013. Plan to arrive on Thursday evening/night if possible. We would like to do a "private" Team Shelby social get together for Thursday evening.

I understand that not everyone can stay all three days and some will come late and some will have to leave early. We will do our best to accommodate everyone.

Thanks again for all the kind words and I really look forward to seeing you all again next year!

• 1 month later...

So how was it?

What no pictures?

Looking for a road trip next year.

Ponies on the Plains/Mustang Roundup was a blast. Lots of great cars, tons of track time on a great road course and met a lot of great people. Considering that this was the first year for Ponies on the Plains and only the second for the Mustang Roundup, they had about 60 cars involved and just enough activities to keep all of us out of trouble! If you are thinking about taking a road trip to the mid-west, this is one you definitely need to put on your list.

Pictures for the event are kinda scattered, but here is a link to some of them.

http://www.racemph.com/2012-Mustang-Ford-Roundup-Results.htm

Enjoy,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for my last post. I was on my phone and it didn’t show any of the videos.

Anyways…. I am originally from Omaha and this is a great excuse to drive the KR back home.

I have used my hotel points and already have a room booked. :happy feet:

Looking forward to the Team Shelby Grand Nationals and Ponies on the Plaines this year… :peelout:

Archived