TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ponies on the Plaines 2012

LEROY UHRIG

I you weren't there - YOU screwed up - - - - I'm just sayn - WE had a BLAST - can't wait till next year. . . . . .Driving instructors ( Trackguys ) were awesome and patient - lol - Motorsport Hastings Park has it goin on - Great crew - Thanks George - Sean Cook and Randy Fry work WELL with others - hahahaha - Good Job guys and thanks

I you weren't there - YOU screwed up - - - - I'm just sayn - WE had a BLAST - can't wait till next year. . . . . .Driving instructors ( Trackguys ) were awesome and patient - lol - Motorsport Hastings Park has it goin on - Great crew - Thanks George - Sean Cook and Randy Fry work WELL with others - hahahaha - Good Job guys and thanks

Thanks so much for the kind words and even more for trusting us and showing up! :hysterical:

I agree that it was FANTASTIC. BIG thanks to George Anderson and MPH, Loran Keller and Open Track Connection, Jeff Lacina and Track Guys, and Justin Starkey and VMP Tuning for everything they did for the event. I am blessed to be able to work with guys like this! :worship:

George and I have already started discussions about next year and I promise that POTP Ford & Mustang Roundup will be even better for 2013! :drop:

Tentative dates are September 20-22, 2013. I expect a few changes to make things even smoother and faster. :rockon: I may even bring MY car :shift::hysterical2:

Missed both the Sturgis Mustang Rally and Ponies on the Plains due to a trip to Alaska-next year for sure! Also, waiting for the dates for Shelbyfest in Las Vegas-Glad it was a good time.

+1

My wife and I had a great time. Great people, really cool cars and a FANTASTIC facility. A BIG thank you to George and his staff, Sean, Randy, Jeff and anyone else I missed. We'll be there next year.

Mark

George and I have already started discussions about next year and I promise that POTP Ford & Mustang Roundup will be even better for 2013! :drop:

Tentative dates are September 20-22, 2013. I expect a few changes to make things even smoother and faster. :rockon:

Sean,

I know it's really early, but may I make one suggestion? Could we add some trophies for the intermediate and novice classes in the autocross and road racing part? I just would be nice to allow all of the slower cars and drivers a chance to compete in their "classes", because lord knows, none of us are fast enough to take top honors...........just a thought.

I may even bring MY car :shift::hysterical2:

Sure, why not. You might actually get to drive it on the parade laps.........I between your duties I mean.....

Mark

What an AWSOME time!! Old friends, new friends, one of the best facilities I've been to. And believe me I know, I've had this affliction since 1975. Top notch from George and his track crew, Randy and Sean of Team Shelby to the rest of us. Like one big happy family reunion. Already making plans for next year. See ya then!!

It was truly a great event. I was lucky enough to attend some cool shows this year to include the Vegas Bash, Sturgis mustang Roundup, and Steamboat Mustang Roundup, but I think Ponies on the Plains was just as good if not better than any of them.

As with all the Ford/Shelby events most of the people were great, but the way this event was set up (on purpose or accident) there was more opportunity to mingle and actually I had the chance to get to know some of the guys I wouldn't have even met at other places. I not only got to meet Todd who is a Ford Engineer and was one of the leed guys on the Boss 302 project but actually ate dinner at the track with him. Finally had the chance to meet face to face with Sean Cook and Justin Starkey and George Anderson from MPH is a terrific guy.

The car show was set-up right in front of the track, so for those of us that showed our rides had a front row seat to watch the racing. That made a big difference and was a great decision.

And I have been itching all year to race the Hell Snake and finally to this opportunity to do a little drag racing. It was long overdue and did not dissapoint. :rockon: Think it could be adictive, so better look out guys.

Thank you to all who took the time to set up the event (Sean, Randy, George, ect). I will be going next year so sign me up. :worship:

thanks to George and Sean , our 1st Northern Plains event was awsome!!! i talked both of my legs off, and seen so many cool cars, and watched lots of off roading experince's that i about crapped my pants.... NEXT year the car show will be even better!!! Justin tuned a few cars even.......i even jumped the fence and PICKED SOME CORN :hysterical2::hysterical2:

and those of you that happened to have missed this event ,,,,,, :sing_rain::sing_rain::sing_rain::sing_rain: put it on your list next year ...

this is a world class track ... and GEORGE really puts out the red carpet for us!!!!!

note to self...BUY RACE TIRES!!! and STAY ON THE TRACK............

watched lots of off roading experince's that i about crapped my pants....

note to self...BUY RACE TIRES!!! and STAY ON THE TRACK............

He, he, he.......someone (me) even has a snipet of video showing one of your agricultural racing excursions which I will post to youtube as soon as I have my home internet connection back up and running.............

Mark

BTW. That was alfalfa yous' was git'n ready to swath. You didn't have a big enough header on your machine to pick corn...........

George was charging $25 a bushel for that stuff (payable to the foodbank at least)! Loran Keller got charged for one I know.

Hi Sean,

I think that was for running over George's "YES" sign at the begining of the front straight passing zone. George couldn't verify that Loran took out a whole bushel. Besides that, I think Loran ran off with the evidence.............all down the front straight.............

Mark

Sorry I was not able to commit to Friday,Saturday, and Sundays package , but was able to get off work Friday afternoon on the spur of the moment to come check out the event that evening and watch the cars on Saturday before having to be home early Sunday. Like Firepro said it was as good as an event could get. Saturday was like going to a regular Mustang car show, but then you could watch 80% of the cars screaming down the front straight. It never got old watching and listening to them.The parade laps were a highlight for me. I found myself on the track between firepro's GT 500 Hell Snake and a 1969 Boss 429. How could it get any better. Firepro, your car sounds awesome on the track, and the Hell Snake is a must see car.

Is there a chance for next year to have a none track option similar in cost to the RoundUp's Level A package for those that can only make Friday and Saturday. I was able to handle the cost of that package as it was adjusted to the time I was there.. I am just bringing it up as having another less expensive package could help increase attendance for Team Shelby..Or do you prefer to have those that can only attend Friday night and Saturday register with the RoundUp? I sure know there was alot of feeling out this first year working with the RoundUp.

Thanks for all your hard work .. This event is sure to grow. I just wonder now how much Motorsports Park Hastings wants it to grow. But you can never have enough for the car show part.

Sorry I was not able to commit to Friday,Saturday, and Sundays package , but was able to get off work Friday afternoon on the spur of the moment to come check out the event that evening and watch the cars on Saturday before having to be home early Sunday. Like Firepro said it was as good as an event could get. Saturday was like going to a regular Mustang car show, but then you could watch 80% of the cars screaming down the front straight. It never got old watching and listening to them.The parade laps were a highlight for me. I found myself on the track between firepro's GT 500 Hell Snake and a 1969 Boss 429. How could it get any better. Firepro, your car sounds awesome on the track, and the Hell Snake is a must see car.

Is there a chance for next year to have a none track option similar in cost to the RoundUp's Level A package for those that can only make Friday and Saturday. I was able to handle the cost of that package as it was adjusted to the time I was there.. I am just bringing it up as having another less expensive package could help increase attendance for Team Shelby..Or do you prefer to have those that can only attend Friday night and Saturday register with the RoundUp? I sure know there was alot of feeling out this first year working with the RoundUp.

Thanks for all your hard work .. This event is sure to grow. I just wonder now how much Motorsports Park Hastings wants it to grow. But you can never have enough for the car show part.

we can handle about 30-40 more track cars,, and we will start working on next years event , YESTERDAY. :hysterical:

thanks for coming out and having fun!!!! it was a hoot , you should have hit me up , i am easy to spot in a crowd... B) and we could use your help for next year

and Randy Cotton got the YES side on the front straight B) B) with his laguna........

Yep, and he got to make a $25 donation to the food bank too. Randy Cotton just kinda knocked it over. Loran on the other hand left skid marks all over it......... :salute:

...................................so far we have Leroy, Mark , Jim and Dave signed up for next year...........................................................

the list is growing :happy feet:

oh yea i forgot about Jeff with Track Guys,, he races on tracks all over the Nation and HE WAS IMPRESSED with the Track in Hastings!!

and he is gonna be there next year also,, so make plans for some driving instructions,

...................................so far we have Leroy, Mark , Jim and Dave signed up for next year...........................................................

the list is growing :happy feet:

You might even get my wife and I to volunteer next year.

More than happy to help out. Like I say, it is hard for me to commit to all three days though. I think there was/is other Team Shelby members in my shoes.

I seen you out on the track often fry.

More than happy to help out. Like I say, it is hard for me to commit to all three days though. I think there was/is other Team Shelby members in my shoes.

I seen you out on the track often fry.

i know its tough to hit every part of a event, and we are working on more stuff already for next year,, thanks for watching me swath the hay... for some reason the cones attacked my car :hysterical:

Thank you for all the nice comlements my friend. It was nice to meet you

Archived