TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Deep Draw Hood

HARALD KELLEY

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you! - very interested in this information. If I'm understanding you correctly, the Dupont code was not an exact match to your new stripes, so custom mixing had to be done to get it right? Was the Dupont code too light? As for stripe fading, that is exactly what I would expect on these rental cars, which is why it is important to match the gold with NEW vinyl from Shelby that hasn't had a chance to fade, yet.

I am not sure that the stripes are 100% exact match. I think its close but most likely not exact. I think if anyone wants dead on, you may need to stay with the vinyl stripes because the clear also has some affect on the color. Just my thoughts on it. Another option is to paint the stripes and not clear coat. This was not an option for me. I did not want to feel the stripes or have a ridge. All this said, the Dupont color as is would work and look very nice. The color deviation is so close IMO.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. I have an extra one if you'd like it.

You can tell from my pics that I kinda like stickers! :hysterical2:

Jerseygator (Peter) Just want to say Thank You for the gold fender (pit / rookie) stripes with the 50th logo. They will look very nice on the GT-H. Again, thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

So glad this thread exists! It's great watching your car's progress. it looks great!

But I'm curious how much prep work was needed? A ton, a lot, some, very little or something in between? I know no two hoods will be exactly the same, but I'm just trying to get a rough idea.

I bought the hood, it's here and looks great (no dents or depressions that I noticed - there is a bit of a scuff though but nothing terrible)... but I have no clue what I'm actually looking at so do these things require a lot of prep? I'm planning on mine being painted black and then having hood pins and stipes (vinyl) added to it.

Also, what should I be expecting to pay? I have never had any paint work done on car before that wasn't covered by warranty, so I'm not really sure what I should be expecting in terms of cost. I'm thinking around $1000

Thanks!

So glad this thread exists! It's great watching your car's progress. it looks great!

But I'm curious how much prep work was needed? A ton, a lot, some, very little or something in between? I know no two hoods will be exactly the same, but I'm just trying to get a rough idea.

I bought the hood, it's here and looks great (no dents or depressions that I noticed - there is a bit of a scuff though but nothing terrible)... but I have no clue what I'm actually looking at so do these things require a lot of prep? I'm planning on mine being painted black and then having hood pins and stipes (vinyl) added to it.

Also, what should I be expecting to pay? I have never had any paint work done on car before that wasn't covered by warranty, so I'm not really sure what I should be expecting in terms of cost. I'm thinking around $1000

Thanks!

I would recommend that you talk with a couple of body shops and see what they will quote. The top is not to bad but the underside does take some work. You can minimize the work if you paint the center section with some textured paint. This is also how my hood is and many of the Terlingua hoods that I have seen. Good luck.

Archived