TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Deep Draw Hood

HARALD KELLEY

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me know if that color works out. My painter tried that for my bumper a couple months ago and it did not come out right. He had to do a new spectrum analysis on the previous stripes and do a new custom blend. Hope it will work out for you.

Let me know if that color works out. My painter tried that for my bumper a couple months ago and it did not come out right. He had to do a new spectrum analysis on the previous stripes and do a new custom blend. Hope it will work out for you.

What brand and color code did he come up with or should I say what mix that worked?

What brand and color code did he come up with or should I say what mix that worked?

They used Dupont, but custom mixed in house, so not really a code to give. Sorry. It was not far off, but just a touch from what the shop gave them.

Hood is being fitted and aligned. We did notice a small depression on the left side of the hood between the front edge and the deep draw as you face the hood. Body shop says this will not be an issue, however those that got one may want to see if they have the same depression. I have been told the hoods are hand made so who knows. I did not notice it until I got it on the car.

IMG-20121114-00240.jpg

IMG-20121114-00241.jpg

IMG-20121114-00242.jpg

IMG-20121114-00240.jpg

IMG-20121114-00241.jpg

IMG-20121114-00242.jpg

Harald,

Looking at my pics of the hood, I don't see the same depression.

We are going to check on the car's progression Friday and drop off the new billet hood pin kit. I will take pics then of our progress and post them.

Dan

That's good because it would add additional prep work. I went with the GT-H type hood pins just to keep it looking similair.

Checked on car today. Color is matched to Oracal stripe set. Underside of Deep Draw hood is painted and textured flat paint for center of hood will go on Monday. Front and rear windows are removed and ready for stripe taping and painting. Front and rear covers are ready for paint. Next week car should start coming together. Had the windows removed so paint will be factory look without buidup around rubber seals etc. Same with bumper covers. All over the top stripes will be cleared and smooth to touch.

More to follow.

IMG-20121121-00250.jpg

IMG-20121121-00251.jpg

IMG-20121121-00252.jpg

IMG-20121121-00254.jpg

IMG-20121121-00250.jpg

IMG-20121121-00251.jpg

IMG-20121121-00252.jpg

IMG-20121121-00254.jpg

Looking good Harald. Your car is further along than mine. Are they repainting the black too? Or is it just the dust on the trunk lid?

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Dan

They will repaint the roof, trunk, bumper covers & of course the new hood. All areas that will get stripes. I did this to have a factory paint job look. They will clear over the stripes so no edges like on the tape. Again, just how I wanted it done. May be overkill but I have no plans of selling any time soon.

They will repaint the roof, trunk, bumper covers & of course the new hood. All areas that will get stripes. I did this to have a factory paint job look. They will clear over the stripes so no edges like on the tape. Again, just how I wanted it done. May be overkill but I have no plans of selling any time soon.

Awesome Harald, can't wait to see it done....you coming by the track tomorrow?

Man, you guys are KILLING me!

I gotta get my car into the Paint Shop soon, and join the club!

I'm also taking the opportunity to paint on my stripes. Smooth, with clearcoat. Gonna paint the rear bumper stripes through the license plate recess instead of going around it. And remove the "hockey puck" Sirius antenna from the trunklid (since I installed a different stereo with XM anyway). Then do a clear bra before I get the first rock chip!

I may use a different perforated metal for my Deep Draw vents... like the CS6/CS8 grille material. Get it powdercoated silver, maybe?

Speaking of silver, anyone got the PPG paint code for Shelby GT silver stripes?

Jer

Man, you guys are KILLING me!

I gotta get my car into the Paint Shop soon, and join the club!

I'm also taking the opportunity to paint on my stripes. Smooth, with clearcoat. Gonna paint the rear bumper stripes through the license plate recess instead of going around it. And remove the "hockey puck" Sirius antenna from the trunklid (since I installed a different stereo with XM anyway). Then do a clear bra before I get the first rock chip!

I may use a different perforated metal for my Deep Draw vents... like the CS6/CS8 grille material. Get it powdercoated silver, maybe?

Jer

Jer,

I'll see what my painter says is the code for PPG tomorrow when I see him. He's hoping to have the roof painted tomorrow.

Dan

Car is all black. Next are the stripes. What is the difference on the vent screen Jer and can you post pictures? I will have my grill be black as the plastic grill on the GT-H was black and the stripes will come to the edge of the screen as the GT-H stripes came up to the plastic black grill.

IMG-20121128-00262.jpg

IMG-20121128-00263.jpg

IMG-20121128-00262.jpg

IMG-20121128-00263.jpg

Jer

Jer,

There is no official paint code for the silver paint used on the Shelby GT's. The silver paint used by SAI was mixed by a local Vegas paint supply house to match the stripes. Check with C.R. in production when you're ready to freshen up your SGT..

Steve

Car is all black. Next are the stripes. What is the difference on the vent screen Jer and can you post pictures? I will have my grill be black as the plastic grill on the GT-H was black and the stripes will come to the edge of the screen as the GT-H stripes came up to the plastic black grill.

Gonna chop up a CS6 grille... best pic' I have is attached:

Jer

Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 6.58.24 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 6.58.24 PM.jpg

Jer,

There is no official paint code for the silver paint used on the Shelby GT's. The silver paint used by SAI was mixed by a local Vegas paint supply house to match the stripes. Check with C.R. in production when you're ready to freshen up your SGT..

Steve

Thanks, Steve - I'll ask him.

Thanks, Dan, I'll check that out, too.

Jer

Archived