TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Deep Draw Hood is BACK.

Jer

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing this, too!

LOL

Jer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please keep the updates coming ... Looks hot !!!

The painting of the hood was delayed because we are addressing some traction and suspension issues we had at the track. I will have pics up as soon as possible! Until then, I leave you with a pic from our recent track day :rockon:

IMG 0677

The painting of the hood was delayed because we are addressing some traction and suspension issues we had at the track. I will have pics up as soon as possible! Until then, I leave you with a pic from our recent track day :rockon:

Any updates yet?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Jer

We got the hood on and noticed a small depression on the right side. Is this normal or isolated issue? Body shop says this is really not a big issue but I thought I would share as I did not notice until we got it on the car. I also know you mentioned the hoods need work. I will post progress on the 2006 GT-H site

IMG-20121114-00240.jpg

IMG-20121114-00241.jpg

IMG-20121114-00242.jpg

IMG-20121114-00240.jpg

IMG-20121114-00241.jpg

IMG-20121114-00242.jpg

Hello Jer

We got the hood on and noticed a small depression on the right side. Is this normal or isolated issue? Body shop says this is really not a big issue but I thought I would share as I did not notice until we got it on the car. I also know you mentioned the hoods need work. I will post progress on the 2006 GT-H site

I'm not seeing it in those pix. Can you post more, or email bigger ones to me?

Jer

OK, I see what you mean now.

That's very odd, they were all inspected before they were shipped, and nothing like that was seen.

Just by chance, was there any damage to the shipping box, etc...?

Jer

Box is in good condition.

Hmmm... I'm just baffled. They do require a lot of prep, but that's not a typical occurence. Is your tech able to make it right? Call me if you need me.

Jer

Hmmm... I'm just baffled. They do require a lot of prep, but that's not a typical occurence. Is your tech able to make it right? Call me if you need me.

Jer

Thank you Jer. I will double check again tomorrow. They know I want the car perfect and they do alot of custom work.. That said, it did add to the prep work that was not expected.

Here are a couple of pictures of the hood. Progress on car posted in GT-H site.

We all know I have trouble seeing things in photos (LOL), but I will say that looks like a GREAT paint job.

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

Here are few pictures. Car is home. Hood realy extracts the heat compared to the stock H hood. Now I have to store the original. Car still retains the Hertz look IMO.

Just BREATHTAKING!

And I LOVE the black vents...

Congratulations, that car is a winner.

Jer

Here is a picture with the Deep Draw hood, GT-H/SC stripes and painted overtop stripes. Gold came out real well. I think this project went well and still retained the GT-H look. I think if Carroll Shelby was still here he would approve. If you are considering a deep draw, I would recommend as I think they are very cool and functional.

get-attachment1.jpg

get-attachment1.jpg

Archived