TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Deep Draw Hood is BACK.

Jer

When you say "LOTS of Prep Work" What exactly do you mean? A Lot of Sanding? A Lot of Bondo Work?

The edges need to be blocked flat, flashing removed, surface sanding, alignment with the fenders, grille material epoxied in, etc. Not really Bondo stuff (maybe TINY bits).

This is a job for an experienced bodyshop tech with fiberglass experience.

Jer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a intake cover and Steeda strut bar. The strut bar sits about 1/4" higher then the original Shelby strut bar that came with the SGT.

DSC_1940.jpg

Hmmm... unique situation. I really don't know!

Let me look into it for you.

Jer

I see why you are asking. By the way, engine bay looks nice

I like the valve covers especially...

Jer

Now that I've just bought the hood.......please tell me that they come the screens.

I need another hood for this car like I need another hole in my head. LOL

Yes, they DO come with the screens.

They're somewhat primitive, but easy... your tech will epoxy them in place.

Jer

Ordered my hood also excited, now i will have to make more room on the wall. I have a GT500 take-off signed by Mr. Shelby on the wall, my original SGT hood next to it, and now i will have the GTH hood crap i need to build a bigger garage, WildAzCat i am with ya i need another one like another hole in my head as well, but this is a once and done deal, super pumped :) Thanks JER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ordered my hood also excited, now i will have to make more room on the wall. I have a GT500 take-off signed by Mr. Shelby on the wall, my original SGT hood next to it, and now i will have the GTH hood crap i need to build a bigger garage, WildAzCat i am with ya i need another one like another hole in my head as well, but this is a once and done deal, super pumped :) Thanks JER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome, Jon!!!!

Jer

Yes.

I sent you a PM with the FedEx tracking number.

We don't tend to put big heavy stuff in the same box with a hood. Could be nasty consequences.

Thanks!

Jer

Any update if it will clear about 1/4" over the OEM strut bar? Finger crossed.

Sorry for the wait, but I have not been able to really get an answer on this, and it will be very hard to accurately predict! Your brace is not something I've worked with, and the measurements are just too much of a guesstimate ("about 1/4") and incomplete (height comes into play, but so does shape, angle, etc...

The last thing I want is for you to get a hood shipped, prepped, and fit only to find it hits the brace. Let's prioritize: If the hood didn't fit, would you be willing to give up the brace?

If not, then we're going to have a hard time making a call on it with no car here to check it.

Wish I had a better response, but I won't risk putting you through the trouble just to make a sale.

Jer

*PLEASE NOTE: If youre running a BMR front tubular k member, the lowering motor mounts that are optional with the deep draw hood will not fit.

Call me if this is the case, I'll help figure it out.

Jer

Wanted this hood for years, ordered one tonight. FYI, the washer relocate kit is now out of stock.

I'm on it.

Thanks!

Jer

So confirming the stock FRPP strut brace does fit?

Sorry for the delay! Yes, it does.

Jer

IMG 0669

The hood is on and the top stripes removed. I was hoping to have some painted pics for you guys friday, but I have a race this weekend and have other parts to install.

Everything lines up nicely. aside from lowering the motor, we only needed to raise the rear of the hood a small amount to get everything looking right.

Ill have some nice painted pics up next week after she gets out the booth, cheers! :)

The hood is on and the top stripes removed. I was hoping to have some painted pics for you guys friday, but I have a race this weekend and have other parts to install.

Everything lines up nicely. aside from lowering the motor, we only needed to raise the rear of the hood a small amount to get everything looking right.

Ill have some nice painted pics up next week after she gets out the booth, cheers! :)

EXCELLENT! Thanks for posting!

Jer

Looks great. I see you are in CA, whos doing the work?

Any news on the painted hood & where in CA?

Archived