TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 SS Wide Body

2nd2none

Are those functional vents? No. They are also still in design review, just a prototype.

How much wider is the car? I'll try to get a measurement. But I CAN say those are 13" wheels on the back.

Approximate cost if done at SA - range will be enough because I know these things aren't finalized. Under $20K

Timeframe needed for the changes. Don't know.

Will the Alcoa's be offered in the wider version (couldn't resist)... IF that wheel ever comes back, it will never be wider than a 10".

Jer

Would that be with or without wheels/tires?

With wheels and tires.

Jer

Under 20k good god!!! lol.

That's almost exactly what my son said (only he inserted a more colorful word).

Once he found out that they came with wheels and tires he withdrew that word but left the others.Lol.

I have a feeling it's going to be considered a rare option in the future.

That's almost exactly what my son said (only he inserted a more colorful word).

Once he found out that they came with wheels and tires he withdrew that word but left the others.Lol.

I have a feeling it's going to be considered a rare option in the future.

I think it looks silly. Maybe if it was carbon fiber instead of fiber glass. Though even then it would still look silly

I agree the painted carbon fiber would look so much better than the painted fiber glass ... hey wait .... wouldn't they look the same???

No carbon fiber to make it worth paying 15-20k for it. This probably adds weight too like all the other shelby fiberglass parts. Thats why carbon fiber would be a better option. Though then they would have to fortify the doors otherwise if you got in an accident you'd be dead :)

No carbon fiber to make it worth paying 15-20k for it. This probably adds weight too like all the other shelby fiberglass parts. Thats why carbon fiber would be a better option. Though then they would have to fortify the doors otherwise if you got in an accident you'd be dead :)

Just pulling your chain.

do everybody a favor and forget the little fake scoop on the fender by the door handle. it looks out of place and the whole nostalgic reference thing is getting long in the tooth. in fact, skip anything that is non-functional or fake. it just cheapens the image.

I completely agree..................no cheese needed.

The fake vents are decals that are printed to look 3 dimensional.

Very cheesie indeed. Should be changed to reflect a modern flowing body line.

Gary Davis said that if they cut the openings for vents, it would take away from the structural integrity of the panel. :shrug:

The fake vents are decals that are printed to look 3 dimensional.

Very cheesie indeed. Should be changed to reflect a modern flowing body line.

Gary Davis said that if they cut the openings for vents, it would take away from the structural integrity of the panel. :shrug:

OMG, not more decals!!!

Well, I guess that will at least match the window scoops.

Disappointing......

I agree the painted carbon fiber would look so much better than the painted fiber glass ... hey wait .... wouldn't they look the same???

:hysterical2:

Archived