TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear quarter panel

Hello all, the rear quarter panel on my 2011 gt350 is starting to come undone. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you go about getting it fixed. I have left a voice mail with the sales dept and waiting to hear back. Not sure if I should go to a ford dealer or a body shop...any thoughts?

Allow me to clarify...the separation is the rear end fascia from the back quarter panel. It is the modification to the car from shelby American...the ford dealers close to me do not do body work. Hopefully I will hear back from Shelby American soon on how to proceed with getting this fixed. Also, hoping to see if others have experienced this and how they had this resolved.

Same problem reported to SAI here too. I was told to take it to a body shop and see what could be done. The shop looked at the clips holding the rear facia to the main body, and said nothing could be done short of extensive modification. I would hope SAI would test some reasonable solutions on their own and get back to all of us. I know mine continues to sag a bit as miles accumulate. In fact, only one side at first was a problem, now the other is beginning to catch up. I would not let this remain left unresolved, so please let us know what your solution becomes.

i would not hold your breath for an sa solution. if it bothers you, as it did me, have it professionally fixed. the fascia is very flexible but the clamps are just not up to speed. someone with the proper skill can fab a solution to attach the fascia better without and major remod. fit and finish are better on my fiat :(

• 11 months later...

While visiting California with my 2011 GT350 last July I slowly backed into a wall (to avoid a pot hole) and the rear fascia/bumper popped out from the rear quarter. All I did is give it a good pop with my hand it fit right back in and has been problem free since. I thought it might come loose during hot laps at California Speedway but no, it held.

While visiting California with my 2011 GT350 last July I slowly backed into a wall (to avoid a pot hole) and the rear fascia/bumper popped out from the rear quarter. All I did is give it a good pop with my hand it fit right back in and has been problem free since. I thought it might come loose during hot laps at California Speedway but no, it held.

Thanks 66GT350, I try to push it back in by hand but it does not hold. Its funny because I can hear it click in but than it comes out.

Archived