TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Transmission Oil Change Procedure

ShelbyLee

Can anyone advise me where to find the service procedure to change the transmission oil on a 2012? I did an advanced search on the forum with no success. I don't have the service manual. The Shelby supplement has a note that states to "for vehicles with a transmission cooler, the engine must be running, the clutch pedal must be released, and the transmission must be in neutral to perform the service refill". These do have the cooler right? Its been a while since I'v done one. Because I will replace the fluid with AMSoil when I replace the shifter with the MGW shifter, I just need to read up on the exact procedure required by Ford.

Thanks!

I thought the 2013 with the track package was the first GT500 to get a transmission oil cooler. Unless the 2012 had an automatic transmission that has never been talked about.

From the 2012 GT500 Supplement:

Service refill capacity is determined by filling the transmission to the bottom of the filler hole with the vehicle on a level surface.

So it sounds like you remove the filler plug and then the bottom drain plug, drain all the oil. Replace the drain plug with a new gasket. Refill with the proper transmission oil until the oil reaches the bottom of the filler hole. Replace filler plug. Take the car off the jack stands and get a couple of beers.

Archived