TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby vs. Shelby

bergenfelter

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure it's a typo, but that's a 68. One of my alltime favorites; you could make a strong argument that our cars are a modern interpretation of that car... insane power, high-speed cruiser, lots of creature comforts, rare and head-turning... The 68 GT500KR convertible was one of my first dream cars 30 years ago; the 13 GT500 convertible is the realization of that dream 30 years later.

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure it's a typo, but that's a 68. One of my alltime favorites; you could make a strong argument that our cars are a modern interpretation of that car... insane power, high-speed cruiser, lots of creature comforts, rare and head-turning... The 68 GT500KR convertible was one of my first dream cars 30 years ago; the 13 GT500 convertible is the realization of that dream 30 years later.

You are correct - 1968 - corrected the OP.

His name is Mike - great person and a long time Shelby enthusiast. He has photos of Carrol in his car, signing the dash. His 68 has been in a number of Shelby expositions. I believe his car is number 38.

Yep, Mike, we are both members of the Indiana Shelby Club. He and his wife are wonderful folks and I enjoy seeingthem at the Springfling in Nashville. Love that car!

Your's is pretty cool too!

Archived