TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Build Your 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake

12,500 for a supercharger. Are you frickin kidding me. I hope they do a bunch of other engine work for that. Isn't that about 3x the price it should be.

I think they are getting insane. What people will pay to just get a csm number. You could build 3 times a better car for that money. It will still be a Shelby and who cares about the badging.

That is plain nuts.

12,500 for a supercharger. Are you frickin kidding me. I hope they do a bunch of other engine work for that. Isn't that about 3x the price it should be.

I think they are getting insane. What people will pay to just get a csm number. You could build 3 times a better car for that money. It will still be a Shelby and who cares about the badging.

That is plain nuts.

Prices have gone up Significantly, the $29K for the base package is what I am curious about, it doesn't appear to include much besides cosmetic items.

Don't forget cabon fiber, 2k worth of cooling mods, brakes which may or may not be an upgrade (have seen no data either way), and some questionable exhaus tips on a cat back. The super charger upgrades are at least 5k above market value for what you get (Using FRPP 2.9 Whipple Kit and 3.6 LC KB as benchmarks for the listed SC upgrades.). And those wheels are just frigging ugly. Sorry, 30K for a 2012 SS upgrade was pricey, but I liked the overall package enough to entertain it. The 13 SS conversion, not a chance in hell.

Its not for everyone... to each his/her own I have to say. The price of exclusivity is high, but really at the end of the day its how the owner feels about his car. I myself will likely take the plunge. I've been an enthusiast forever and if only I could still get Carroll's signature on the dash I would feel completely justified in my expense. Just one man's humble opinion.

It's been proven by Roger's explanation already that this stuff is not a downgrade; however, this price is just....iffy. It used to be about getting a Mustang into super car territory; now.....I guess the easiest way to say it is, the price is about the "gotta have the most authentic Shelby". It's not for everyone, and I personally want it so badly. It's just following the same path the Shelby 1000 did without the lore.

Archived