TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Very proud new Shelby owner

13 GT500

Glad to announce the arrival of my 13 GT500 into my stable of ford vehicles :yahoo: .I have driven her about 200km already and love every minute of it.I look forward to chatting with fellow Shelby enthusiasts.I do have one question that i am wondering if anyone can give me an opinion on.Whether or not to pay the dealership to put on the paint protection/interior protection/rust inhibitor package,if it is worth doing or a waste of money.

Cheers Gene

Gene, I agree- no too the dealer protection - the body should have already been dipped at the factory against corrosion and a good wax should protect the rest. Assuming you are not going to drive it on salted roads during the winter. Enjoy your Shelby - great cars - got any photos?

A big no to the paint protection. You can do so much better with regular over the counter products or something like Zaino. I would also say no to the fabric protector but I do use a Scotch Guard protectant from the auto parts store twice a year just incase the grandkids have oily shoes from the parking lots.

Thanks for the opinions,i just needed some reassurance from other owners,i thought it was mostly just extra cash for them them with no real benefit for the paint.Wayne...my shelby will NEVER see any snow,salt and even rain if i can help it,lol.

I will post some pics when i figure out how to,work in progress.

Cheers Gene

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to announce the arrival of my 13 GT500 into my stable of ford vehicles :yahoo: .

Cheers Gene

Gene,

Welcome to Team Shelby, glad you found us.

If you haven't already, be sure to register your Shelby in the Shelby American Registry, you'll find a link to the registry in my signature line.

Once you've registered your Shelby with us you may want to order a Registry Authenticity Certificte from the Shelby Store. See link below.

Steve

http://www.shelbysto...p/s2ms-cert.htm

Archived