TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super snake price finally released for 2013!!!

svt13

3.6 Kenne Bell and 4.0 for the Ford Racing Whipple.

Roger

Of these two superchargers, which is the most efficient? Why do you offer two for the same Hp upgrade of the engine? Does one leave addition room for future engine modifications with higher Hp levels, that the other one doesn't?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like all performance cars and own several. I think the 13' Super Snake is a great value and here is why:

You get a unique very limited production car that performs at an exceptional level. The base model doesn't include the SC upgrade but does address the brakes (all 4 corners) and cooling system that all of the buff books complain about on the standard car. The rear large caliper brakes and cooliing system were not part of the package on the older cars. It also gets you in at a slightly lower cost. The big power option is a personal choice and it is more expensive. Recent examples of Super Snakes have done well on the resale market retaining thier additonal investment value over the base car.

We have the advantage of history (factual data) of both the older cars and the recent re-sale history on the new ones. Let's take a couple examples:

You buy a GT500, you modify it.....it looks and runs great to your taste.....and on the resale market you get very little of your additonal investment back compared to a regular GT500.

You buy a GT500, you send it to Shelby and add the Super Snake package. It is instantly recognizable as a Super Snake, which is viewed as a truly special limited production Shelby. It drives and performs at a phenominal level. On the resale market you will likely get all of your investment value back for the upgrades that you put into it.

You bought a hi po 289 Fast back in 65'. You bought most of the parts to make it look and perform like a Shelby and saved a few bucks doing it.......after all a Shelby was over twice the price of a Mustang. Today that pristine car is worth about $50K.

You bought a 65' GT350 Shelby and paid more than your neighbor did for his new Caddy or Corvette. It performed similar to your other neighbor who bought a 65' hi po and made a clone....... and on the resale market today a pristine example is worth $250K++.

You bought a ZR-1 in 1991 and paid $67K sticker for the car. Compared to other cars of it's time period it performed at a phenominal level and you bought it for sticker when the prior year people were paying $30K over. Today a pristine example is $25K.....drivers are about $17K. The car looks very similar to other Corvettes of the same time period unless you look under the hood.....still very cool.

You by a new ZR1 today. It runs and performs at a phenominal level. You pay $115K for it new and sell it in two years and take a $35K loss.......

At the end of the day it is your money and your choice to make.

The watts link is helpful to center the rear and help it plant when coming out of the corners. I have one on mine and it is certainly helpful. Mine is driven aggressively.

Contact a Shelby sales team member for specific information on how to order your 14'.

Archived