TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New set of after market Wheels and Tires for 2011 GT500

JT2004

I'm looking to change my SVT Package wheels and tires. Can you guys (or gal) share some pics if you've done it to your GT500? As for Tires, I'm looking to go with Michelin Pilots 275's front & 295's rear. Still deciding on what type of wheels to go with, input and suggestions are appreciated B) .

Thanks,

JT-

I have Shelby Wheel Co. CS-1's in Gunmetal with polished lip. I am running 275/35 up front on 20x9 and 295/35 (soon to be replaced with 315/35) on 20x11 out back. I am running Nitto Invos and I have been pleased with them. Here are some pictures:

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/bassdude06/Shelby/

I have Shelby Wheel Co. CS-1's in Gunmetal with polished lip. I am running 275/35 up front on 20x9 and 295/35 (soon to be replaced with 315/35) on 20x11 out back. I am running Nitto Invos and I have been pleased with them. Here are some pictures:

http://s136.photobuc...sdude06/Shelby/

Very nice! I see that you have the Supersnake hood as well. The stripe delete looks great! Thanks for sharing.

I'm looking to change my SVT Package wheels and tires. Can you guys (or gal) share some pics if you've done it to your GT500? As for Tires, I'm looking to go with Michelin Pilots 275's front & 295's rear. Still deciding on what type of wheels to go with, input and suggestions are appreciated B) .

Do you just not like the SVTPP wheels? Hmm...most of the nice aftermarket wheels that I saw and liked were very similiar to them.

Burning Blue Star IV

Do you just not like the SVTPP wheels? Hmm...most of the nice aftermarket wheels that I saw and liked were very similiar to them.

I do like the SVT Wheels, just wanted a different look :)

I do like the SVT Wheels, just wanted a different look :)

Got you....hmm..the only wheels that I was really crazy over were the SuperSnake ones, which are no longer available. There was another brand that I like alot...but the name slips my mind right now. I'll try to think of it...these cars are very picky in terms of what looks good on them IMO. I have seen some horrible wheel choices around the forums...they actually make me cringe at the sight.

http://s136.photobuc...sdude06/Shelby/

Very nice! I see that you have the Supersnake hood as well. The stripe delete looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Can you tell us how the fitment goes? I need new tires for next summer and I'm thinking about buying a new set of rims to go with them. Would really like to go wider in the back and don't want to pay to modify my stock rims which I'll just store. Would like an 11" rim in back for a 315 or 305 and that was why I'm considering the CS1.

Thanks for the pictures, really appreciate it. They all look good! I found the one I liked HRE C90's.....unitl I found out that they cost $1700 a piece!!!! I don't mind spending some money on wheels and tires...when I say some, I meant around 5k (that's for both wheels and tires). $1700 per wheel without the tire is a bit off my budget...if I'm to spend that much, i better be prepared to spend as much for the wife and kids or else....lol. I'll do more resarch, I'm in no rush since the Goodyears are still in good shape.

Thanks again for the input and pics!

JT

Also another choice to offer..that I might actually pick up and mount all season tires on - SVE Drift Flat Black. Cheap..and great looking IMO.

The Drift wheels are cheap for a reason.... you can cut your fingers on the back of the spokes. If you want this look, go RTR.

The Drift wheels are cheap for a reason.... you can cut your fingers on the back of the spokes. If you want this look, go RTR.

So I could slice cheese and use my wheels as a deadly weapon...all at a great price? Hmmm...sounds good.... :P

Seriously, thanks for the heads up..but for me personally, it's not an issue...I would just use the wheel/tire combo for winter weather driving. So I'm not looking for something that is top of the line...cheap and good looking is my requirement. I don't want to feel like I'm driving a great car - but the wheels...eek. So perhaps for the OP the RTR wheels you suggested are the way to go.

Those of us that live up north chip up rims in the spring - fall driving season. In MN, they are constantly putting down tar with small rocks everywhere. I avoid those roads when they do, but it doesn't stop your peers from tracking those small rocks onto the main roads. That is how my OEM rims have gotten chipped. It's going to happen regardless of rim quality. My $600 per rim BMW X5 rims faired no better....

I use my car as a daily driver and can attest to what your happens to the wheels. I put a set of FRPP Boss 302S wheels on my car for daily use with Invo's and they are a fairly inexpensive way to look good and not feel like you are wasting a lot of money. Feel free to let me know if you like it or hate it. Forged wheels are not necessary for daily driving IMHO.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

attachicon.gifWeb Side.jpg

I use my car as a daily driver and can attest to what your happens to the wheels. I put a set of FRPP Boss 302S wheels on my car for daily use with Invo's and they are a fairly inexpensive way to look good and not feel like you are wasting a lot of money. Feel free to let me know if you like it or hate it. Forged wheels are not necessary for daily driving IMHO.

DGGT500, what are those wheels are on the grabbler blue car in the photo on the left? They look great! Thanks.

Just installed the Razors about two weeks ago. I love them. The stock wheels were too busy for me, and honestly the prior owner beat them up pretty badly. Made a total difference in the car. Wrapped with Toyo Proxes 4 Plus all around.......

Mike

IMG_1690_zps2925d331.jpg

IMG_1687_zps828e92a1.jpg

Just installed the Razors about two weeks ago. I love them. The stock wheels were too busy for me, and honestly the prior owner beat them up pretty badly. Made a total difference in the car. Wrapped with Toyo Proxes 4 Plus all around.......

Mike

IMG_1690_zps2925d331.jpg

IMG_1687_zps828e92a1.jpg

Wow looking good Mike ! Where did you find the Razors ? How are you feeling about the improvement over stock rubber as this is next for me as well...

Thanks,

Matt

Wow looking good Mike ! Where did you find the Razors ? How are you feeling about the improvement over stock rubber as this is next for me as well...

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

American Muscle has the correct offset Shelby Razors now, in 20x9. They are well priced at 204 each for the gunmetal, and include shipping and the center caps. In my opinion, as a daily driver, the difference between the stock Goodyears, and the Toyo Proxes is night and day. I had already replaced rubber all around a few months back, because I was so unhappy with the Goodyears. I had to then buy two new 20's for the front, due to the Razors being 20 inch around. I have two 19 in Toyo Proxes 4 Plus for sale right now for 300 bucks. Perfect condition with less than 3K on them. I have always had excellent service from Toyos.

Take care buddy, let me know if you need more info.

Mike

I am in the same boat here...I want new wheels, and I'd love to have something with a lip on the outside edge, but it seems it's either 18" or 20" that I find...No one makes a19" in the same style so I can keep the 19" on the front and 20" on the back...Anyone found a set that are available in both 19" and 20"???

Archived