TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Floor Mats

ShelbyGT500MD

Hey guys,

Just bought a new '13 fully loaded coupe at MSRP, Race Red w/ Black stripes. I want to put floor mats. I was looking at weather tech and they currently don't have 2013 Shelby GT500. Would the 2012 Mustang mats fit the '13 Shelby? Also what do you guys recommend? Pics of showing it in your GT500 would be appreciated.

Thanks

Husky Weather beaters are great . I have them in my Camaro, they fit like factory . I checked for my eventual Shelby and they do list them . I also checked on the Weathertech but found too many negative reviews on line . The folks that have them all seem to like them though .

What possible negative reviews about the WeatherTech liners could there be, unless they're not referring to the Digital Fit line.

In fact, the Digital Fit line is SO good, Shelby OUGHT to be setting its re-branding sights on them as an ideal additional to its parts catalog. Only the fact that WeatherTech already enjoys such a strong reputation and brand value on their own would they be likely to resist jumping on-board.

Everything else pretty-much falls along the scale somewhere between OE mats at the low end and DigitalFits at the top.

I am getting these http://designerautoaccessories.com/floor-mats. They are the gt500 ones at the bottom with the tiffany logo.

I'm sure they're terrific but unless your car is a trailer queen, there's nothing better thing you can do got your car's interior than to buy a complete set of DigitalFit mats from WeatherTech regardless of any OTHERS you may buy, even if you buy another set that's PURELY for show and only ever place them atop.

There's a hundred choices for mats based upon appearance but really only one based upon how well they protect and preserve the interior.

I'm sure they're terrific but unless your car is a trailer queen, there's nothing better thing you can do got your car's interior than to buy a complete set of DigitalFit mats from WeatherTech regardless of any OTHERS you may buy, even if you buy another set that's PURELY for show and only ever place them atop.

There's a hundred choices for mats based upon appearance but really only one based upon how well they protect and preserve the interior.

Those are kinda ugly. What if I bought them and put my mats on top of them? Would that work? http://www.weathertech.com/ford/2007/mustang/floorliner-digitalfit/post-hole-qty/1/

Those are kinda ugly. What if I bought them and put my mats on top of them? Would that work? http://www.weatherte...ost-hole-qty/1/

Ugly? They're all but invisible. You can put whatever you want on top of them, but not with the ability to hook onto the retention posts that prevent pedal interference.

i think it kinda dangerous to put mats on top of mats. too much chance of a mat getting caught under/over the pedal and causing an accident. if you can't use the mats saftey hook hole the i wouldn't do it. why wreck a 70,000 dollar car over something like a 200 set of extra floor mats. just my .02. saftey is always #1 in my book

Well then I guess I will stick with the mats. I don't like those weathertech things. While I am sure they work wonderfully they just look weirdddd.

I think that for a DD like yours, the Weather Tech would provide the best protection to your cars interior. Keep your original floor mats for show purposes. You will appreciate the Weather Tech's the first time you jump in your car with snow slush or mud on your shoes.

I think that for a DD like yours, the Weather Tech would provide the best protection to your cars interior. Keep your original floor mats for show purposes. You will appreciate the Weather Tech's the first time you jump in your car with snow slush or mud on your shoes.

Well I wasn't going to drive it if there is snow on the road anyways though lol.

But maybe its worth it to get the weather tech and use those during the winter months then switch to regular mats during spring and summer?

I have used the Weather Tech in other vehicles and if you are looking for all weather protection or just the ultimate protection you can not beat them for the fit and what the covarage they provide. I had the cheeper Lloyd mats in my GT and like them, I am going for the Luxe Lloyd mats for the Shelby.

I have used the Weather Tech in other vehicles and if you are looking for all weather protection or just the ultimate protection you can not beat them for the fit and what the covarage they provide. I had the cheeper Lloyd mats in my GT and like them, I am going for the Luxe Lloyd mats for the Shelby.

You will like the Luxe mats - I also have had the WeatherTech all weather "bins" in my Escape - great for containing the dirt, mud and snow.

Archived