TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500KR at Septemebr 2012 Barrett-Jackson Auction. Owned by Gary Bennett?

http://www.barrett-j...?ln=630&aid=465

From the auction description:

This car has an interesting story about how it came to be that is too long for the space allowed here. I would enjoy the opportunity to share it with the new owner if they are interested. The abbreviated version is when Ford and Shelby made the commitment to produce the Shelby GT500KR to commemorate the KR's 40th anniversary, with production limited to 1000 units in 2008, Steve Davis and I were offered an opportunity to purchase one. This stunning example, Shelby CSM Number: 08KR0014 with less than 400 miles was delivered new through Sanderson Ford in Phoenix, AZ. Special ordered per my specifications. It is fully equipped including the Shaker 1000 stereo system with Sirius Satellite radio. Powered by the race proven 5.4 Liter V8 producing 540hp with a 6-speed transmission and a 3.73 rear axle. All Shelby's are special, this amazing example comes with a framed Window Sticker from Ford signed by Bill Ford and a framed Shelby Window Sticker signed by Carroll Shelby. This is an opportunity to own a piece of real Shelby history with a unique story.

I must be missing something.

a. they are selling a $50k+ car but are too lazy to tell the "interesting" story?

b. the only thing mentioned to differentiate this KR is that they are cronies and got offered an early deal. *yawn*

c. aside from the above, it's a a basic used KR

I must be missing something.

a. they are selling a $50k+ car but are too lazy to tell the "interesting" story?

b. the only thing mentioned to differentiate this KR is that they are cronies and got offered an early deal. *yawn*

c. aside from the above, it's a a basic used KR

Nope, nothing missed, you got all of the "high" points...

Well it did get over 7 minutes of "stage time" before the gavel was dropped and thats all I'm going to say.

Steve

So I am not the only one that noticed that. :hearseespeak:

However the SS that sold for $76,000 got 6 minutes.

Anyways I see it as good news for anyone that owns a KR.

So I am not the only one that noticed that. :hearseespeak:

However the SS that sold for $76,000 got 6 minutes.

Anyways I see it as good news for anyone that owns a KR.

I timed the SS at about 5 1/2 minutes total but if I recall the SS was pushed off the stage and onto the exit ramp at just about the two minute mark. Something that sure didn't happen with Mr. Bennetts KR.

Steve

• 7 months later...

I don't know how this car fell into my hands but the owner brought it into this detail shop a week or so ago and I did a wash and wax on it. That car is immaculate. I have been trying to find who the owner is because I was not there when he picked it up, to advise him not to bring his cars there anymore. He has been bring all kinds of collectors cars in and these idiot will drop wash mits on the ground and pick them back up and keep washing the car, scratching the hell out of them. If anyone knows who he is let me know.

I don't know how this car fell into my hands but the owner brought it into this detail shop a week or so ago and I did a wash and wax on it. That car is immaculate. I have been trying to find who the owner is because I was not there when he picked it up, to advise him not to bring his cars there anymore. He has been bring all kinds of collectors cars in and these idiot will drop wash mits on the ground and pick them back up and keep washing the car, scratching the hell out of them. If anyone knows who he is let me know.

I'm having a hard time deciphering your post. I think you're saying that you work in some sort of "detail shop" and you did work on this car. You work with a bunch of morons who don't care as much as you and will continue to wash a car with a dirty wash mitt.

............am I on the right track here ?

I'm having a hard time deciphering your post. I think you're saying that you work in some sort of "detail shop" and you did work on this car. You work with a bunch of morons who don't care as much as you and will continue to wash a car with a dirty wash mitt.

............am I on the right track here ?

I was confused as well but I think I came to the same conclusion as you....

Ownership by a virtual unknown with Ford adds major value to the car?

Really? Major yawn.

To pay extra money because the car was owned by "Steve Davis" (thats his name right???) you'd have to be a schmuck. Can't believe the fact that he owned it added any value.

I think the fact that the KR sold for $70,000.00 is good sign that KR values are or may edge up.

At between $50K and $60K I think they are undervalued for what they are and the exclusivity of the car.

Archived