TEAM SHELBY FORUM

20" Alcoa KR wheels on ebay!!!

dvups1

How many KR owners have the 20s???

Jer

Jer

Good question. I have only seen about 12 to 16 KRs in person and I remember 4 having 20's.

So I guess the question is how many could be sold to make it worth your time. A guess, 50 sets could be sold.

If your interested let Jer know here.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/77694-20-alcoa-kr-caps/

Good question. I have only seen about 12 to 16 KRs in person and I remember 4 having 20's.

So I guess the question is how many could be sold to make it worth your time. A guess, 50 sets could be sold.

If your interested let Jer know here.

http://www.teamshelb...-alcoa-kr-caps/

I don't care. I'll make one set, 50 sets, whatever. This is just to do something nice for the KR owners. I've got the parts, I'll make them as you all need 'em.

Jer

KR Caps.jpg

KR Caps.jpg

I don't care. I'll make one set, 50 sets, whatever. This is just to do something nice for the KR owners. I've got the parts, I'll make them as you all need 'em.

Jer

post-12143-0-32174000-1349490649_thumb.jpg

Wow liking the enthusiasm ... if only we could get 20"?

Wow liking the enthusiasm ... if only we could get 20"?

Not NEARLY enough demand, unfortunately. I would LOVED to have done it for you guys.

Grab the "Fifty Years" wheel and pop in this KR cap, it's the closest thing.

Jer

Jer

KR Caps.jpg

Jer,

Are these ready to be ordered now for the 20" Alcoas? Price?

Jer

I have the 20" wheels. I would also buy four 20" Alcoas that had the Shelby GT500KR on them. It's already been done :-)

I have the 20" wheels. I would also buy four 20" Alcoas that had the Shelby GT500KR on them. It's already been done :-)

You have 20" GT500KR wheels? Post a picture, would you? Thanks!

Jer

Jer, do you have the link yet to order the 20" KR caps?

Should be tomorrow (It requires a call to Wendy C here, and she's out today, so a link will do no good)...

Jer

IMG_4549.JPG

Why is the "GT500KR" stamped upside down (and a little crooked)? Was this an aftermarket modification to a regular Alcoa?

Jer

You have 20" GT500KR wheels? Post a picture, would you? Thanks!

Jer

No, I have the regular 20" Alcoas. I was saying that I would buy a set that had GT500KR on them right now!!

Good eye.... It is upside down. :hysterical3:

Here is a real one.

2008-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500kr-wheel-photo-111744-s-520x318.jpg

I don't think it is wrong at all. Look at your 18" KR wheel. It has "alcoa" and "forged" one way and "shelby" "gt500kr" the other way.

Dvups1 the wheels that are incorrect are the ones that Kona just posted pics of. I've seen the ones both on the silver and the blue prototype KRs and they are engraved opposite the way the ones on EBay were.

I don't think it is wrong at all. Look at your 18" KR wheel. It has "alcoa" and "forged" one way and "shelby" "gt500kr" the other way.

It's wrong if it's supposed to be a 20" GT500KR wheel. The 18" is different. If this is REALLY genuine, it'd be like the silver prototype car shown above. The car in our museum has them. The lettering is crooked too, so I'm thinking it may be a Photoshopped image.

Jer

No, I have the regular 20" Alcoas. I was saying that I would buy a set that had GT500KR on them right now!!

Got it.

Jer

Jer,

Are these ready to be ordered now for the 20" Alcoas? Price?

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/77778-gt500kr-center-cap-for-20-alcoa-wheels/

Jer

Huh? Kona bought fake GT500KR 20's?

Oh, HELL NO!

I cut/pasted the photos from the e-bay auction.

Phill

The lettering is crooked too, so I'm thinking it may be a Photoshopped image.

After you mentioned it, I looked closer at the pic and came to the same suspicion.

I hope someone didn't pay money for those wheels!

I noticed the auction came to a sudden halt because "they were no longer available".

Phill

I'm not sure about the photoshop but it sure does look like the GT500KR was added/engraved at a later date.

What catches my attention more is that the these KR wheels have the exact same part number as the Shelby Forged wheels, AF1246 & AF1247. Makes no sense for Alcoa to use the same part number for wheels that have different engraving. How would Alcoa's warehouse workers & inventory system keep track of two different engraved wheels that have the same part number?

One other thing I noticed is that the ebay seller, along with his website, seems to deal in take-off & factory second parts. When you consider that the seller & Alcoa are both in Ohio its reasonable to suspect that he obtained the wheels from Alcoa or a partner of Alcoa.

Just some thoughts.

Steve

One other thing I noticed is that the ebay seller, along with his website, seems to deal in take-off & factory second parts. When you consider that the seller & Alcoa are both in Ohio its reasonable to suspect that he obtained the wheels from Alcoa or a partner of Alcoa.

I"m thinkin' he works or worked there and had a set made with the KR markings while they were getting the other markings done during one of the 20" production runs. It'd be REAL easy to do if you worked there.

Phill

Archived