TEAM SHELBY FORUM

20" Alcoa KR wheels on ebay!!!

dvups1

These look awesome. I have no affiliation with the seller but I know people have asked for a set of these in the past. The price seems fair considering what 20" Alcoas go for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-09-GT500KR-ALCOA-10-SPOKE-WHEELS-SET-OF-4-FRONT-REAR-20X10J-20X9J-/320980306587?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4abbeaca9b&vxp=mtr

All of the pre production photos, posters, etc that were done had 20's on them. That's one of the big reasons I bought 20s for mine because I was so used to seeing it with those that when the 18s came out on the production car, they looked too small. But you could not get any 20s with GT500kr so these have to be part of the small preproduction batch.

All of the pre production photos, posters, etc that were done had 20's on them. That's one of the big reasons I bought 20s for mine because I was so used to seeing it with those that when the 18s came out on the production car, they looked too small. But you could not get any 20s with GT500kr so these have to be part of the small preproduction batch.

I also think these must have been wheels used on preproduction cars. Too bad these were not made generally available to the KR owners. I'm sure SAI could have sold several sets to KR owners had they chose to offer specific, KR engraved, Alcoa 20s for a price slightly higher than regular Alcoa 20s.

Alcoa is in Ohio, eBay seller is in Ohio. Coincidence?

My thoughts exactly.

To my knowledge, there were 3 sets of the 20" KR Alcoa's produced. One set is on the KR in the Shelby Musuem if memory serves me.

My bet is that someone who works at the Alcoa plant had a set of the standard 20" SS style wheels made with the KR engraved logo added, or he/she grabbed or made a extra set when the initial 3 prototypes were made.

I also know that at least one single wheel from the original 3 was damaged and replaced with a new one (and I know who has the damaged one).

If that set is one of the original 3, it's damn near priceless. If it's a copy, it's worth what a set of standard 20" SS style wheels is worth.

Phill

Has the set been sold or taken away by the seller?

They were removed by the seller. He was taking offers so I assume he got a high offer and sold them to whoever it was that offered him the cash.

Phill

Phil check your inbox :)

I can't respond to PM's right now. I'm with the family on vacation so when I get back in two more days I'll hit ya all back...

I have 3 or 4 other PM's waiting too....

Phill

The seller knows these are mega rare, and that an astute buyer's first question would be "what's the history?". Without offering this in the description, I've learned that this is the first sign of something being faked. They're essentially looking for someone who's so googly-eyed that they don't bother to ask the question for fear of losing it to someone else.

Yep only three sets ever made.

One set on the Blue KR at SAI. Love the center cap. Is this the car that has the GT500KR logo on the steering wheel? I remember seeing one just don't remember where.

253094_484189051605691_867250648_n.jpg

One set on the Silver KR at the New York auto show

2008-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500kr-wheel-photo-111744-s-520x318.jpg

Which leaves???? Ebay????

• 3 weeks later...

Jer or anyone at SA odds of getting these center caps that say KR for us KR owners who have the 20's. I have one cap that needs to be replaced would love a set of these KR caps

I have a feeling the answer will be no, but I would buy a set if they did.

You may want to ask on the "Sheby performance parts" section. He may not see it here.

Jer or anyone at SA odds of getting these center caps that say KR for us KR owners who have the 20's. I have one cap that needs to be replaced would love a set of these KR caps

+1. It would be a great addition and I would buy a set for sure.

A while ago I talked to someone at Shelby and that person told me they were making center caps with KR in it. This was over a year ago.

The 18" GT500KR Alcoa's and the 20" Super Snake wheels don't use the same size center cap.

The KR's use the same size center cap as any other Ford OEM cap (such as the SVT cap) but those won't work on the 20's. There is a standing auction on e-bay that sells SVT caps that fit the 20's and the center caps have to be "machined" plus a aluminum ring has to be used so both dept and diameter appear to be different.

I use my stock 2010 SVT center caps on my KR wheels but have to either buy a set of caps from Shelby or buy the e-bay machined caps for my 20" SS style Alcoa's.

So if SA makes a center cap for the KR, they can't just take one of their existing caps and put a KR sticker on it. They'd have to make a completely different cap than all of their others.

I don't see that happening!

From what I know, Shelby doesn't make the KR caps that go on every KR now....Ford Motor Company does.

EDIT: I reread the comment on the KR caps and see that the poster would be happy with the Shelby style (stick out) center caps as opposed to the KR "flat" caps so most of what I wrote is moot!

Phill

Yup.

Let me go look.

And, yes, everyone, post questions for parts in the Shelby Performance Parts area, I'll see it way sooner over there.

Thanks!

Jer

Yup. Let me go look. And, yes, everyone, post questions for parts in the Shelby Performance Parts area, I'll see it way sooner over there. Thanks! Jer

BTW, post a picture of your center cap, if you would, it'd be a a help. Thanks!

Jer

Archived