TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Hawaii?

Makakilo Mustangs

Aloha Team Shelby,

Can we get an event on Oahu in Hawaii? What would it take to get something organized? I know Kalaeloa Raceway Park is actively interested in gaining exposure and growth...

I would LOVE to boast an event decal on my ride, however, I can not ship our 2 Shelbys to Nevada for the weekend. :(

I might just have to schedule a cruise the mainland vacation!

Thanks for listening... 552630_3234475675336_1711497818_n.jpg553955_3234464395054_1923608944_n.jpg557309_3421892640643_1336613911_n.jpg

552630_3234475675336_1711497818_n.jpg

553955_3234464395054_1923608944_n.jpg

557309_3421892640643_1336613911_n.jpg

Aloha Team Shelby,

Can we get an event on Oahu in Hawaii? What would it take to get something organized? I know Kalaeloa Raceway Park is actively interested in gaining exposure and growth...

I would LOVE to boast an event decal on my ride, however, I can not ship our 2 Shelbys to Nevada for the weekend. :(

Thanks for listening... 552630_3234475675336_1711497818_n.jpg553955_3234464395054_1923608944_n.jpg557309_3421892640643_1336613911_n.jpg

My daughter lives on the north shore and we visit her every oct. for my grandsons birthday he was in the movie soul sufer, i would love to bring my gt 500 and drive around the island,but it would cost way too much to ship it from new jersey.

My daughter lives on the north shore and we visit her every oct. for my grandsons birthday he was in the movie soul sufer, i would love to bring my gt 500 and drive around the island,but it would cost way too much to ship it from new jersey.

I now have 2 grandchildren on oahu--2 years and 1 month. This year my son has bought an '06 Mustang GT convertible, it's a little lighter shade of gray than my gt 500......but if you squint and don't hit the gas too hard, you get the same effect!

Enjoy the grand kids!

Check in with me. There are two great Mustang clubs on Oahu. The Aloha Mustang & Shelby Club of Hawaii has been around since 1979 and hosts all kinds of events. I have been with them since 1984 and am the SAAC Rep. You can check information at www.alohamustang.com They are noted for the annual Mustang Madness All Ford Show (being going on for 20 years) that has had celebrity guests like Steve Saleen, John Colettti, Carroll Shelby and was featured in "My Classic Car" with Dennis Gage as well as covered over the years by numerous Ford magazines.

There is also HPM, the Hawaii Performance Mustangs at www.hawaiiperformancemustangs.com They have been around for about six years and I have been a member for five.

Both clubs are great. They both have great members, lots of activities and sometimes do events together. For example, in a couple of weeks the two Mustang clubs and the Corvette Club of Hawaii are having a Car Club Challenge and Picnic at the Box Car track in Kunia.

HPM has their big annual Rumble On The Roof (number 5) on October 21. It is limited to around 50 to 60 Mustangs. Check out www.hawaiiperformancemustangs.com/rumble

Aloha,

Don Johnston

B)

1965 red Mustang GT convertible-hers

1966 blue Shelby GT350 (#2187) with Paxton-mine

2011 Kona Blue GT coupe-hers

2011 Shelby GT350 (624)-mine

Aloha Mustang & Shelby Club of Hawaii

Antique Auto Club of America-Aloha Region

Hawaii Performance Mustangs

Mustang Club of America

Shelby American Auto Club-regional rep.

Team Shelby

Aloha Team Shelby,

I am moving to Oahu soon... actually I was suppose to move there last year but unexpected :censored: happened and its been delayed and delayed and so on but will be there before end of year. I do not know this race track so all what can you do there? And where is it at?

KPR is not set up for drag racing yet, just dirt. If the drag strip does get built some years down the road as planned, it will be a 1/8 mile. The old 1/4 mile track closed amd land sold about 10 years ago.

B)

that is disappointing NOT a fan of 1/8 mile tracks! Guess I will get to know car shippers a lot going back and forth. Speaking of that, is there an auto shipper from mainland to Oahu you can recommend? I know most big auto transports have this option but want to know if you guys use a very reliable one?

If you are having the car transported across country and the shipped from the west coast, most transporters will use Matson Lines, which is the largest carrier and very good. They go out of Long Beach and Oakland, CA. Horrizon Lines is also good, out of Tacoma, Oakland and Long Beach, but not as frequent. Both pur two cars per container. If all the containers are taken, the car waits on the lot until the next shipment. Do get your own insurance coverage for transport. It is additional to your personal auto policy, but not much. The carrier insurance is not worth beans. Pasha Lines ships out of San Diego, drive on/drive off by dock workers. I have heard great and not so great comments, mainly due to the set up in San Diego that requires staging area miles from the dock and your car is driven their by a dock worker.

If you are having the car transported across country and the shipped from the west coast, most transporters will use Matson Lines, which is the largest carrier and very good. They go out of Long Beach and Oakland, CA. Horrizon Lines is also good, out of Tacoma, Oakland and Long Beach, but not as frequent. Both pur two cars per container. If all the containers are taken, the car waits on the lot until the next shipment. Do get your own insurance coverage for transport. It is additional to your personal auto policy, but not much. The carrier insurance is not worth beans. Pasha Lines ships out of San Diego, drive on/drive off by dock workers. I have heard great and not so great comments, mainly due to the set up in San Diego that requires staging area miles from the dock and your car is driven their by a dock worker.

Any idea how long it takes to get your cars to Oahu anywhere from Cali? May have to ship daily driver ahead of time... thx for the info

Not too worried about shipping cars its shipping my dogs that is making me stressful

Plan on two weeks for drop off, shipping time and pick up after unloading. If you contact the shipper information line, they should give you a better schedule. Sometimes your shipment may be bumped to the next sailing due high load (like in October and November when goods for Christmas sales has more containers filled up). Actual sailing time is 5 to 6 days for the 2500 miles, depending on weather.

Per mile, it is way cheaper to ship a car to Hawaii than the same distance to the east coast. Figure about $1000 for a Mustang and 2500 mile distance. Going from Hawaii to CA, you can send it by air and pick up by the airport when you land for about $200 more. Air freight it to Hawaii is about $3000. The reason for the diffference is that everything for Hawaii has to be brought in by ship or plane. Going out of Hawaii, not much is exported by air so they charge enough just put something on the plane. Not the same, however, for surface freight as a lot of household stuff and cars, primarily military familes, and produce is shipped out.

Plan on two weeks for drop off, shipping time and pick up after unloading. If you contact the shipper information line, they should give you a better schedule. Sometimes your shipment may be bumped to the next sailing due high load (like in October and November when goods for Christmas sales has more containers filled up). Actual sailing time is 5 to 6 days for the 2500 miles, depending on weather.

Yes, two weeks, unless a refrigerator container gets precedence in Oakland.... Matson Naviation.. or there is a new shipper... PASHA... I paid 1000 bucks to ship my GT 500 last August from Seattle

KPR is not set up for drag racing yet, just dirt. If the drag strip does get built some years down the road as planned, it will be a 1/8 mile. The old 1/4 mile track closed amd land sold about 10 years ago.

B)

Yeah, thats the downfall at KRP... dusty... after washing the car hmmmmm..... BUT THEY have bikini girls at their car shows! The more we invest at KRP the faster they will be able to expand...

Archived