TEAM SHELBY FORUM

624 SC option, no warranty

I haven't driven enough miles on mine yet to experience drivetrain or other warranty issues, but that's the chance I took when I went the 624HP route.

On one hand, I would get a 12/12 full drivetrain warranty on the 525HP. That's not a long time IMO .

Or no drivetrain warranty.

I figured the manufacturer (Ford) was betting the drivetrain would be fine for one year.

I agreed with that so I decided to go big or go home.

I knowingly took the risk.

I have no idea what the future holds.

Thanks bitatasg.. One question, if you did have an issue and you could not diagnosis the issue, would you trust your ford dealer for the repairs? That's really my concern, it's not the money, it's more like where would I take it. I live in NorCal and and Las Vegas is not an option.

pcw

You have plenty of guys here in NorCal that could diagnose a problem for you. The fix might require going to the dealer but at least you will know whats up.

In my opinion unless it's a warranty issue never take your car back to a dealer. Ever.

Thanks bitatasg.. One question, if you did have an issue and you could not diagnosis the issue, would you trust your ford dealer for the repairs? That's really my concern, it's not the money, it's more like where would I take it. I live in NorCal and and Las Vegas is not an option.

pcw

You have some great racing and speed shops in NorCal.

For example:

http://www.borellimotorsports.com/service.html

Archived