TEAM SHELBY FORUM

18's on front of 2013 GT500?

KongZTT GT28RS MD

I know the front brakes on the 2013 GT500 are 15" rotors and 6piston. Typically 15" rotors need a min of 19" wheels, but there are always some instances where they can fit some 18's.

Anyone know if the 2013 GT500 can squeeze some 18" wheels over those 6piston/15" brembos?

Thanks in advance!

Shawn

If my memory serves me, '07-'12 Convertibles all had 18's on them but the 2013 'Vert does not.

I believe someone said that was due to the new Brembo 6 piston calipers and larger rotors not being accommodated by the smaller wheels.

Makes sense to me,

Phill

ah.. yes.. I figured as much..

Reason i'm asking is this is actually for my 1990 300zx twinturbo. I made some caliper relocation brackets to use the 07'-2012 brembo/14" GT500 brakes to bolt up to my Z's chassis. (My father let me borrow his stock calipers so i could make these kits available to my Z community. However; After seeing these 6 piston/15" brakes.. It made me want to use them on my Z instead. I just don't want to trade up wheels.. I have 18" iForged "Aeros" now.. and am not really willing to give up the wheels for brakes at this moment.

Know of anyone selling stock 07'-2012 brembo (calipers ONLY, I dont need lines or rotors etc)..

Thanks for the info man :)

Shawn

ah.. yes.. I figured as much..

Reason i'm asking is this is actually for my 1990 300zx twinturbo. I made some caliper relocation brackets to use the 07'-2012 brembo/14" GT500 brakes to bolt up to my Z's chassis. (My father let me borrow his stock calipers so i could make these kits available to my Z community. However; After seeing these 6 piston/15" brakes.. It made me want to use them on my Z instead. I just don't want to trade up wheels.. I have 18" iForged "Aeros" now.. and am not really willing to give up the wheels for brakes at this moment.

Know of anyone selling stock 07'-2012 brembo (calipers ONLY, I dont need lines or rotors etc)..

Thanks for the info man :)

Shawn

Keep a close watch on the Shelby perf. parts garage sale section. I've seen them come up there before. Also the classified section.

Phill

• 4 weeks later...

Archived