TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Duragloss

bergenfelter

Anybody use this two part polymer wax product? Especially on a dark or black car? I have always used Griots best of show on my black cars b/c it does not streak. But the stuff is sometimes like concrete to remove the haze when you are applying. Most of the polymer stuff I have tried streaks on black paint.

I know you probably don't want to hear it but I recommend Liquid Glass for black cars. My wifes Jet Black 2011 BMW 328i now has 14 coats on the finish. Easy on and easy off with NO streaks. Keeps building up to look like additional coats of clear. Took it in for service at the dealership last week. The service advisor asked what I had done to the paint to make it look so much better than the other cars that came in.

I agree the BOS can be a pain to get off but im sure you know if you spay a light mist of The Spay On Wax it helps in making the removal proccess much easier. I use and like the BOS cause it is still a carnuba with just minor fillers. The look it gives is what im after, a deep shine without the plastic look you get with alot of the synthetic or polymer sealants, although I wish I could get bit longer protection with the BOS, but for me I still cant beat the look.

I have to say im a fairly big Griot's user I have tried others and still contuine but just like the outcome of the Griot's products. Wish I lived closer to there new store to check out lol.

I agree the BOS can be a pain to get off but im sure you know if you spay a light mist of The Spay On Wax it helps in making the removal proccess much easier. I use and like the BOS cause it is still a carnuba with just minor fillers. The look it gives is what im after, a deep shine without the plastic look you get with alot of the synthetic or polymer sealants, although I wish I could get bit longer protection with the BOS, but for me I still cant beat the look.

Did you ever try putting on a coat of Synthetic sealer than a coat of a good Carnuba wax ?...I tried it and it realy makes the paint pop...after I polish

the car I put a coat of Meguiars Ultimate Syn wax then top it off with a coat of Pinnacle Souveran Carnuba paste wax..you get that shine that the Syn

wax gives plus the deep wet look of the carnuba thats the combo that I find the best over the years on med to dark colors.

I do also like like Souveran just a tad pricy, but no have never tried top coat of carnuba over a syn wax. My daily drivers are my guinea pigs so if ever get time may have to give a try :)

Give it a go you'll like the look...yeah the PS is a bit on the pricey side but IMO it's the best carnuba out there.

First Post.....waiting to order my 13 GT-500. My 09 M3 was Jerze Black and the only product I used on her was Swissvax http://www.swissvax.com/index.html. Found this product while stationed at Ramstein Air Base, Germany and still use today. More expensive than the AutoZone/WalMart type products but it is all about the percentage of the carnauba. The Crystal Rock has a 76% and is some real slick stuff.

Archived