TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need selling advice - 2012 Shelby

whutever202

I hate to do it but its time to sell my Shelby. I am deploying again and I made the decision to sell it. I’m in no rush since I do have time before I leave. My question to everyone is what is the best way for me to sell it? I need some advice before I post a listing on the classified area of this website. Any advice would greatly be appreciated it. I’m not expecting every penny back but what do you think is a reasonable price?

2012 Shelby convertible (3000 miles)

Grabber blue w/ white stripes

Electronics package

Mods:

JLT passenger oil separator

JLT driver side oil separator

JLT carbon fiber intake

Air Raid Air filter

CPC NXT hood struts

Tinted front turn signal markers (not vinyl overlay)

JLT front carbon fiber mud flaps

JLT rear carbon fiber mud flaps

Tinted rear marker lights (vinyl)

Tinted 3rd brake light (vinyl)

Tinted taillights (vinyl)

Roush mufflers

CDC light bar

JL front speakers

JL rear speakers

Speed Dawg shift knob (grabber blue/white stripes)

NuShield Navigation protector

Llyod cobra floor mats

Foose Speed Chrome rims (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

Hankook Ventus V12 tires

I will be including all original equipment with it also.

Thank you for your time and help!

My advice would be to put it back to stock as much as possible. You'll get $.10 on the dollar or less leaving the mods on the car. You could

probably get 1/2 your money back selling everything separate on here or ebay. Without a doubt, put the stock wheels back on and sell your

new wheel/tire combo separate. That's a big ticket item that won't bring squat if you leave them on the car.

Actually the price of '12 right now are holding pretty steady with the '13 being in such demand. You could start it at $52k and expect to come down to

$48 or $49k...give or take a couple grand.

Agree with everyone...return as much as you can to stock and sell the mods on ebay, especially air intake,wheels/tires, roush mufflers...also make your potential buyers aware you still have xx months of new car warranty left....your color/stripe combo is unique.....and...there are always WTB's out there ( Wanting to Buy ) on the various forums, seems like yours would be in demand if you price it right, high 40's, tops...Good Luck

With the mods you have, it was be easy to take them off and make it stock as possible. I would put the stock wheels back on as well. The cat back is a toss up unless you can do it yourself. The JLT parts, hood struts, and the AirRaid take em off and you can make some change selling. The rest, speakers and such, I guess it depends on if you installed them, rather or not you want to take the time to remove them. You can get a decent sale price sure, but you can lose money if you have to pay someone to take them out, and then they do not sell for what you want for them.

Selling the parts could be easy on sites like this, Svtperformance, The Mustang Source, and I would say The Corral. As for your car, I would take it to Carmax. Why ? You can get a feel of how much they would offer for your car. Then you can use that info to set up your sale.

GL.

With the mods you have, it was be easy to take them off and make it stock as possible. I would put the stock wheels back on as well. The cat back is a toss up unless you can do it yourself. The JLT parts, hood struts, and the AirRaid take em off and you can make some change selling. The rest, speakers and such, I guess it depends on if you installed them, rather or not you want to take the time to remove them. You can get a decent sale price sure, but you can lose money if you have to pay someone to take them out, and then they do not sell for what you want for them.

Selling the parts could be easy on sites like this, Svtperformance, The Mustang Source, and I would say The Corral. As for your car, I would take it to Carmax. Why ? You can get a feel of how much they would offer for your car. Then you can use that info to set up your sale.

GL.

No way on CARMAX,no way,clueless...they will low ball you...the GT500 forum is good for trying to sell...For a realistic price, try a Ford Dealer, say you want to trade on a 2013, then add approx 15% for an estimated sales price

Archived