TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Building the "KR"

S8MS-01904

OK, starting to get busy but wanted to share my recent find.

www.themustangnews.com/fomoco_08/st-0408shelby111.hmt

Not to sure how to link it, put should be able to copy & paste on a new browser tab.

Anybody else have information about "building of the KR's", if so please share.

I do know one of the Shelby Annual magazines did a great coverage of the KR build, but there must be more????

Thanks for sharing the link. Nice read about our cars. As far as the Shaker 1000 is concerned, my understanding is that some KRs had the Shaker 1000, others had the nav., while some had the Shaker 500 with no nav. Would be nice to have a breakdown in that regard. My guess is that those with the Shaker 500 and no nav. are the rarest.

This article confuses me. They say gone are the days of ill fitting fiberglass hood and now they have carbon fiber parts that are perfect and fit better than OEM body panels? Whaaat the hell? How many people have problems fitting super snake hoods on their cars? And pretty much all their carbon fiber parts with the exception of those on the 50th anniversary didn't have a perfect finish or fit. What is this writer smoking?

Though the process to getting a KR looks really cool they should do this for every gt500. How much were these cars when they were for sale?

Are you referring to actual KRs and Super Snakes built at Shelby or are these examples of when parts are purchased and put on people's cars as an individual mod? I don't think there were many fit or alignment / quality issues reported around the KR or full super snake packages that I am aware of. Certainly not a problem on mine.

Are you referring to actual KRs and Super Snakes built at Shelby or are these examples of when parts are purchased and put on people's cars as an individual mod? I don't think there were many fit or alignment / quality issues reported around the KR or full super snake packages that I am aware of. Certainly not a problem on mine.

I am talking about ones built from shelby. Not ones people did. Well as far as the hood they spend hours and hours to get it right. But I know a few people who had to get new CF panels because they didn't fit properly. And I know from pictures of old super snakes and KRs the weaves were messed up in some places. Though not on the splitters. Pretty much the splitters were always perfect. The only time I saw a perfect CF rocker was on the 50th super snake.

I wish shelby would sell those rockers. I'd be selling my CF rocker right now if they did.

Archived