TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 GT500 w/ Kenne Bell 3.6LC All Stock Elsewhere. 1060 HP!!

My friends at Kenne Bell have once again made some insane HP on my buddy Manny's bone stock 2013 black GT500. Manny does not post on Team Shelby much so I figured I would share the results with everybody here, with his and KB's permission. I bought my Boss 302 Laguna Seca with Manny after dealing with several other dealers prior. His dealership, Gaudin Ford, sells more Mustangs than any other Ford dealer in the world. Many of the vehicles that Shelby has converted to Super Snakes, GT350's, GTS's and previously Terlingua's and 40th's are from Gaudin Ford. Here are the figures and some pictures to enjoy. I know what a beast my 2010 GT500 was with 763 RWHP on pump 91 octane gas, so I can only imagine what Manny's car is like!! Congrats Manny!!

Bone stock 13 GT500 with Kenne Bell 3.6 Liquid Cooled supercharger:

1060 HP on 115 octane, 26 lbs of boost!!

950 HP on 100 octane, street tune mixed with race gas

900 HP on crap 91 octane

Amazing figures!! These are all thru stock cats, exhaust, manifolds, and engine.

Can't wait to see what KB does for my Laguna Seca before SEMA and Terlingua!!!

When Manny sends me more pics of his car, I will post here. He has some yellow Wilwood 6 piston brakes and HRE wheels in the works...stay tuned....

Manny2.jpg

Manny3.jpg

Manny is in the center between Ken Christy (expert tuner for KB ) and Jim Bell (owner of KB)

Manny1.jpg

And a little non sedate bling, but appropriate...LOL...

Manny.jpg

Alex

Nice numbers Alex. Your LS will be done before Terlingua? Only a month before departure!!! :woohoo:

A speed shop in Murrieta twin turbo'd a 2012 Mustang GT to a little over 1000 hp to the wheels. They then blew the trans and aftert rebuilding that, the rear end went out...lol

Bill said they will have the car on display at SEMA. They are known for working on GM's but the owner wanted to do something with a Ford.

Dan

Now obviously I am not asking this question to offend anyone, just out of pure ignorance. That KB on there does that not make it a time bomb ready to go off? I mean I know the internals are strong but shoot 1k hp thats a crap load lol. I am also asking this because eventually I will get a 2013. Probably do some mods, just don't want to blow the engine.

I've driven it 1000 miles now! Hard 1000 miles. Full boost! No issues. Car drives great. You wouldn't know it had this much power if you drive normal. The power is all there when you demand it. I've been very demanding lately. I had to fill up on gas everyday. There might be a hole in my gas tank! Lol!! Fastest car I've ever driven, and I've driven nearly every SS at shelby.

• 4 weeks later...

found this video of manny's car idleing. What exhaust are you using? it sounds awesome.

Magnaflow competition series cat back kit

• 6 months later...

I've been told by a couple resources that the 07-09 Shelby's can safely handle up to 750rwhp. What can the 13's handle safely? how much less does that engine weigh than the metal block? Still roughly 105 pounds less?

124 lbs for iron VS aluminum.

Have built several 07-13 GT500's that have made over 900 RWHP. Many were built in 07 and are still holding up with many miles on them. My first GT500 that I bought new in 06 and sold to a customer at 7kK in 08, now has 128K on it. That car was my test bed for many parts, all the superchargers available at the time, was road raced, drag raced, over 300 dyno pulls and driven hard on the street and it still runs like new. My customer that bought it is local and my shop still maintains it for him. These are very durble motors as long as the maintenance is done and the tunes are right, they last a long time. I have another customer with a Kenne Bell blown 11 GT500 (first year of the aluminum block) GT500 that is a daily driver with 71K miles and still going strong.

Alex

idk, im trusting van on this one... he says 750 rwhp is to keep the engine safe and long lasting. maybe i should start a new topic asking what rwhp their at? enigne work done? how many miles? and how they drive it

• 11 months later...

I've driven it 1000 miles now! Hard 1000 miles. Full boost! No issues. Car drives great. You wouldn't know it had this much power if you drive normal. The power is all there when you demand it. I've been very demanding lately. I had to fill up on gas everyday. There might be a hole in my gas tank! Lol!! Fastest car I've ever driven, and I've driven nearly every SS at shelby.

As I heard that the 2013 ShelbyGT500 engine will not handle more than 800HP on the Stock roads and piston, So how come you get the 1060 on the stock one.

As I heard that the 2013 ShelbyGT500 engine will not handle more than 800HP on the Stock roads and piston, So how come you get the 1060 on the stock one.

Because he took the chance of blowing the engine up to make a hero pass at the dyno. My car will dyno 787 at 17 psi of boost on 93 octane pump gas. But we took a chance with 100 octane race gas for a 839Hp run. But we also limited max engine RPM to 6250. To run the engine up to 7000RPM above the power levels I'm at is asking for a rod to vent the block. To build this much power, you truly need a built engine if you want it to live, because this is what will happen if you don't. This isn't my motor, but someone that thought they could run big power without mods to the stock 2013 shortblock

1010085_10201165404808185_1566285675_n.j

1622105_10201165559892062_1952584620_n.j

1779199_10201165551851861_244959627_n.jp

124 lbs for iron VS aluminum.

Have built several 07-13 GT500's that have made over 900 RWHP. Many were built in 07 and are still holding up with many miles on them. My first GT500 that I bought new in 06 and sold to a customer at 7kK in 08, now has 128K on it. That car was my test bed for many parts, all the superchargers available at the time, was road raced, drag raced, over 300 dyno pulls and driven hard on the street and it still runs like new. My customer that bought it is local and my shop still maintains it for him. These are very durble motors as long as the maintenance is done and the tunes are right, they last a long time. I have another customer with a Kenne Bell blown 11 GT500 (first year of the aluminum block) GT500 that is a daily driver with 71K miles and still going strong.

Alex

So are you saying iron block is better or aluminum is better or the engines are good?

Archived