TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Old Mustang Restoration Questions

I would like to know from those people with restoration experiances how is it decided how much restoration can be done to a 70 mustang mach1 and it still be original and numbers matching ? For example, my 70 mach1 wiill need a complete ground up rotissery restoration. It will need complete floors and frame, the whole front end will need replacing, Inner fenders and outer fenders, and rear quarters. It really is in bad shape. However, its all complete and It is a numbers matching mach1 with complete engine and drivetrain and its a one year color only mach1. Most of this stuff will be cut away from the rest of the body but its still a complete titled mach with vin. So what would i call this vehicle after restoration with all that needs to be done to it? I have the money to put into the car for completetion, and i know what the car will be worth after so i want to save this mach. But im just not sure what this mustang would be classified as? anyone? anyone?

I would like to know from those people with restoration experiances how is it decided how much restoration can be done to a 70 mustang mach1 and it still be original and numbers matching ? For example, my 70 mach1 wiill need a complete ground up rotissery restoration. It will need complete floors and frame, the whole front end will need replacing, Inner fenders and outer fenders, and rear quarters. It really is in bad shape. However, its all complete and It is a numbers matching mach1 with complete engine and drivetrain and its a one year color only mach1. Most of this stuff will be cut away from the rest of the body but its still a complete titled mach with vin. So what would i call this vehicle after restoration with all that needs to be done to it? I have the money to put into the car for completetion, and i know what the car will be worth after so i want to save this mach. But im just not sure what this mustang would be classified as? anyone? anyone?

Expensive for one. I would think origainal rotissery. As long as the work is professional, I think it does not make a difference

I think that you would be fine replacing sheet metal. . .so long as it is done correctly - which you seem to know since you have it on a rosissery.

Now, what kind of color/engine combination are we talking about here? 1970s are hard to find to begin with and they are in great demand.

I track Ford casting numbers back to 1960, so if you ever need any help, let me know.

I have a 70 mach1 numbers matching (Basket case but complete) with a H code 351 2v C engine. The color is one year only K code which is Bright gold metalic. I checked with the 70 mach1 registry and the 06/07 pricing for the mach1 in 351 2v is priced about 38k in the high end and mid 20's on the low end after restoration.

Archived