TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW! Shelby Rear Shock Tower Brace!

Jer

Pig - See my install pictures on page 4 of this thread. It's hard to tell from the angle of your photo, but it appears it will fit. (You probably will have to remove the speaker, then install the brace, then reinstall the speaker.)

Where are you in Georgia? If you're in the Southeast, you should come to our car show this Saturday in Fernandina Beach - then you can see one installed!

Sam

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pig - See my install pictures on page 4 of this thread. It's hard to tell from the angle of your photo, but it appears it will fit. (You probably will have to remove the speaker, then install the brace, then reinstall the speaker.)

Where are you in Georgia? If you're in the Southeast, you should come to our car show this Saturday in Fernandina Beach - then you can see one installed!

Sam

Wow, Sam... now you're doing LIVE Tech Support in PERSON.

Remarkable! LOL

Thanks,

Jer

Thanks for the info guys. In the last picture, I'm pulling that hard carpet back and its kinda wrapping around the box. I'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure the edge of the box is about even with the shock bolt. And from Sam's pictures, it looks like the brace sits low on the shock tower, so it might fit under the box if it doesn't altogether clear it. I'll have to make sure the shock bolts have a clear view of each other. It may be tight, but I think it'll work.

Sam, I just moved to Atlanta from Ponte Vedra. I was actually out at Mayport this past weekend selling my boat (thank God!). Wish I could make it down there this weekend, but back to back trips tend to wear on me. That, and my clutch is about done. Time for #4 I guess, hehe.

Pig

Sam, if this weekend wasn't the end of the Fall Baseball season (still head coach for Drew's team) then I would have jumped down to the beach for a road trip...might have to do that next time you folks have a show if the calendar is clear.

My In-laws are down there this week I think....when and where is the show?

I may see if Wink & Helen (the In-laws) can swing by to check things out. If they are feeling like taking in a car show, I'll tell them to look for you.

Andy.

Pig - The two happiest days of your life, when you BUY a boat, and when you SELL a boat! If you need some measurements on the brace, let me know, happy to help!

Andy - Sorry you can't make it this year! Our show is this Saturday, October 20, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Downtown Fernandina along Centre Street. (It's usually held around the same time every year. They close all of Centre Street and some of the side streets for the show) Looking forward to some nice weather and at least 100 cars have pre-registered so far.

Sam

Nice... I'm assuming that is the powder coated silver.

Yes, it is. The "raw" one looks like the factory Ford rear axle until you powdercoat it... LOL, OK, maybe not THAT raw... LOL

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Figures right when I was getting ready to place an order.

Jer, What kind of restock time are we looking at?

Raw is in stock, that's a system glitch - I'll fix it now.

Powdercoated are 1-2 days out. I've enabled backorders for it, just place your order.

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

Cool ,,Thanks Jer ,,I just placed a order today ( 11/ 16 / 2012 ) for the raw one , :salute:

They're in stock. I went down to the warehouse today and laid eyes on them to make sure.

Jer

Got mine yesterday. Hopefully will have time to install it at the weekend. How much carpet needs to be cut on the 'vert application?

I have it installed on my '08 Vert and I did not have to cut the carpet. I just trimmed the seam sealer goop around the shock tower so that the brace would lay flat.

I have it installed on my '08 Vert and I did not have to cut the carpet. I just trimmed the seam sealer goop around the shock tower so that the brace would lay flat.

Thanks for the info - since there weren't any instructions what torque should the strut bolts be re-tightened to?

Thanks for the info - since there weren't any instructions what torque should the strut bolts be re-tightened to?

I'll find out why these are going out without instructions.

We did a full set, with pix.

Jer

Just finished installing mine. Twice.

A quick tip to anyone yet to put one of these in, especially if you're going to weld it place;

The trunk floor carpet will NOT slide underneath the bar and go back to the correct position. At least not in a convertible - the carpet has two pieces of board glued to the back of it to provide support so the carpet goes up at an angle rather than laying flat on the power top motors, etc.

Edit: I'd removed the carpet to reduce clean up time from removing the rubberized foam sound deadening (as per the instructions on the link a few posts above this) & to prevent any accidental damage to it.

Has anyone notice any difference in the feel of their car after installing their piece?

+1...I have been wondering the same thing. I'm looking to add one on a convertible so I would imagine that it would add some benefit. Can anyone confirm and give us some comments/details?

Thanks

Andy

The seats fold as usual.

I'll check into the hood lift question.

BTW, everyone, we've added the Instructions to the Product Page as a clickable link.

Instructions:

For instructions click here

Jer

I KNEW I had posted this... God, my memory is only getting worse every day I age!

Jer

Just got mine ( raw ) in the mail today from Fed Ex ,,very cool item ,, thanks again Jer . :yahoo: :yahoo::yahoo: ,,now off to the paint shop B) - ( Ford Mustang yellow ) ,, I think . will post pictures later :camera: .

,, Here's a picture after install of mine ,,, :camera: ,,,,002473-R1-05-4A.jpg,,,, :salute: ,,,,its all good my friends .

Archived