TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW! Shelby Rear Shock Tower Brace!

Jer

The Ford Shaker 1000 (I'm guessing that's what you have) blocks access to the shock tower, so the brace won't fit.

The Kicker subwoofer is $499.

There is no "package deal".

We use FedEx for delivery, the rates are set by them.

Jer

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jer,

The pic I saw of this brace installed appears to show it running along the floor of the trunk just behind the rear seats without blocking the folding action of the seats - is that correct? (I already ordered one...)

Sam

PS: I ordered some hood lifts from Champion - theirs are laser engraved "Shelby" - why not SPPs?

Jer,

The pic I saw of this brace installed appears to show it running along the floor of the trunk just behind the rear seats without blocking the folding action of the seats - is that correct? (I already ordered one...)

Sam

PS: I ordered some hood lifts from Champion - theirs are laser engraved "Shelby" - why not SPPs?

The seats fold as usual.

I'll check into the hood lift question.

BTW, everyone, we've added the Instructions to the Product Page as a clickable link.

Instructions:

For instructions click here

Jer

The Ford Shaker 1000 (I'm guessing that's what you have) blocks access to the shock tower, so the brace won't fit.

The Kicker subwoofer is $499.

There is no "package deal".

We use FedEx for delivery, the rates are set by them.

Jer

Just went to the parts page to look at the subwoofer-I see a 10" woofer, but no subwoofer. Price is the $499 you mention above. It says in that part listing that it's not for verts. Is there a Kicer subwoofer that works in verts, that allows the rear shock tower brace to fit?

Just went to the parts page to look at the subwoofer-I see a 10" woofer, but no subwoofer. Price is the $499 you mention above. It says in that part listing that it's not for verts. Is there a Kicer subwoofer that works in verts, that allows the rear shock tower brace to fit?

Hmmm... Interesting conundrum. I'll look into it.

Jer

I don't own a vert - but I know a few vert owners. The kicker subwoofer does not fit verts and my understanding they do not plan to make one. I could be wrong - but there a a couple of threads on this around the forum somewhere.

Jer,

Sam

I ordered those from them as well....they are great!!

Uh, yeah, a little. That's strange.

Jer

Hey Jer so I was reading the instructions on installing this piece. Does it require removing sound deadening material? Is that what it means by "grinding away at the sound deadening material"?

Yes, just a small area of the "sound insulating spray" that's stuck to the metal in that area.

Jer

But removing that little bit won't effect noise coming into cabin correct?

Nooooo. You're removing an inch off the edge, at most.

Jer

I love the idea that there's a rear seat X-brace coming out - presumably you guys will be supplying the ellusive rear seat delete for 05-09 verts with this, not just for the coupes?

Next year I'll be putting the CS6 on a diet so this would definitely make the list :)

And since I'm getting the shelby trunk mat you guys sell, I'm assuming I could lay this bar right over it no problem?

Yup!

Jer

I love the idea that there's a rear seat X-brace coming out - presumably you guys will be supplying the ellusive rear seat delete for 05-09 verts with this, not just for the coupes?

Next year I'll be putting the CS6 on a diet so this would definitely make the list :)

Maybe my question was so well hidden ......... Will the rear seat deletes be made to fit convertibles as well as coupes?

Maybe my question was so well hidden ......... Will the rear seat deletes be made to fit convertibles as well as coupes?

I have to do some homework on that. Sorry for the wait!

Jer

Ok, thanks - I'm sure there's a market for a convertible version.

I just checked. There is no convertible version, unfortunately.

Again, sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Jer

Oh I forgot to ask. What is this made out of and how much does it weigh?

It is steel, and weighs 5 pounds after powdercoating.

Jer

Rear shock tower brace arrived yesterday and I installed it today! No issue with the install, easiest to work from inside the cabin through the back seats. The brace adds a nice touch to the trunk, it's out of the way but very visible. As a non-professional, I doubt I'll notice any improvement in handling, but hey, it's in there!

Sam

Rear shock tower brace arrived yesterday and I installed it today! No issue with the install, easiest to work from inside the cabin through the back seats. The brace adds a nice touch to the trunk, it's out of the way but very visible. As a non-professional, I doubt I'll notice any improvement in handling, but hey, it's in there!

Sam

Pictures would be nice.

:camera: ,,PLEASE guys ,let's post some pictures of these installs ,,Thanks . B) ,,,when I got mine ,,I'm going to have it painted at the same body shop that did my hood ,,have it painted ( screaming yellow ) paint code ,, to match my hood ,,maybe having them painted to match the car color would be a nice touch . just saying .

I'll take a couple of pics tomorrow, but to tell the truth, it won't look much different than the "trunk view" here:

https://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=S5M-20201-U

Instructions were minimal, but accurate and got the job done.

Sam

As I suspected, Ford Racing beats the competition;

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=22836

M-6346612-A.jpg

It says "Fits 2011-2013" but I'm thinking it would fit earlier models too. Not any difference in the rear seat pan that I know of....

• Fits 2011-2013 Mustang GT Coupe

• Original equipment on 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca

• Includes X-Brace, Trunk-end trim panel and center luggage cover

• No cutting or welding required

• Kit includes all hardware

• Off Road Use Only!

Phill

I'll take a couple of pics tomorrow, but to tell the truth, it won't look much different than the "trunk view" here:

https://www.shelbyst...ode=S5M-20201-U

Instructions were minimal, but accurate and got the job done.

Sam

Ya but its hard to see in that picture whether it is below the rise in the trunk or above it???????????????

Archived