TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No Way to Treat a Shelby GT

clink

Hi Everyone,

I saw 2 Shelby GT's at our local dealer here in Poway, CA as I drove by, 1 BLK and 1 Wht Shelby GT, sooooo I had to go investigate.........Great looking cars, Only problem was they are not in the Showroom. Now we get rain down here by San Diego maybe a couple times a year and it poured Friday. Today is Sunday and these cars were water spotted & dirty......Now I ask you is this any way to treat a SHELBY GT with a $49,000.00 price tag........The SAI numbers were in the 1000 area. As I was standing there a salesperson came out and started to chat. A potential customer came up and started looking at the car. Her and her son were asking ?'s and the sales person did her best....I helped her out, It is amazing just how much I have learned about these cars. John and Amy, you just might be getting another order soon. The salesperson asked me if I wanted a job there. Funny.......If I worked there, the first thing I would do is get those two cars to shine and move them indoors.

Later,

CLINK

Hi Everyone,

I saw 2 Shelby GT's at our local dealer here in Poway, CA as I drove by, 1 BLK and 1 Wht Shelby GT, sooooo I had to go investigate.........Great looking cars, Only problem was they are not in the Showroom. Now we get rain down here by San Diego maybe a couple times a year and it poured Friday. Today is Sunday and these cars were water spotted & dirty......Now I ask you is this any way to treat a car with a SHELBY GT with a $49,000.00 price tag........The SAI numbers were in the 1000 area. As I was standing there a salesperson came out and started to chat. A potential customer came up and started looking at the car. Her and her son were asking ?'s and the sales person did her best....I helped her out, It is amazing just how much I have learned about these cars. John and Amy, you just might be getting another order soon. The salesperson asked me if I wanted a job there. Funny.......If I worked there, the first thing I would do is get those two cars to shine and move them indoors.

Later,

CLINK

Right on Clink-ster.

HSURB

Hi Everyone,

I saw 2 Shelby GT's at our local dealer here in Poway, CA as I drove by, 1 BLK and 1 Wht Shelby GT, sooooo I had to go investigate.........Great looking cars, Only problem was they are not in the Showroom. Now we get rain down here by San Diego maybe a couple times a year and it poured Friday. Today is Sunday and these cars were water spotted & dirty......Now I ask you is this any way to treat a car with a SHELBY GT with a $49,000.00 price tag........The SAI numbers were in the 1000 area. As I was standing there a salesperson came out and started to chat. A potential customer came up and started looking at the car. Her and her son were asking ?'s and the sales person did her best....I helped her out, It is amazing just how much I have learned about these cars. John and Amy, you just might be getting another order soon. The salesperson asked me if I wanted a job there. Funny.......If I worked there, the first thing I would do is get those two cars to shine and move them indoors.

Later,

CLINK

I can't imagine the dealer leaving them outside. But as far as rain getting on these cars I would suspect many of them were rained on. They get rained on while being transported. They are on open transports when being shipped. They get rained and snowed on when sitting on the lots in MI waiting to be shipped or released due to quality control issues. They would get rained on at SAI while sitting on the lots waiting to get completed.

So regardless, I don't think a little rain is going to hurt anything.

I can't imagine the dealer leaving them outside. But as far as rain getting on these cars I would suspect many of them were rained on. They get rained on while being transported. They are on open transports when being shipped. They get rained and snowed on when sitting on the lots in MI waiting to be shipped or released due to quality control issues. They would get rained on at SAI while sitting on the lots waiting to get completed.

So regardless, I don't think a little rain is going to hurt anything.

Yes you are probably right, I'm just being goofy..........My Wife just left for Seattle on business..........Look at the time of my post.........hope that's not right, or I'm in the middle of the Pacific ocean somewhere.

CLINK

Archived