TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cancelling AAA roadside assistance membership today

Sorry to hear that Jeff. I too have AAA plus strictly to cover the RV. If that thing breaks down in Terlingua....Im screwed, so it is merely 150.00 insurance policy I carry for that event alone. They tow 200 miles if it breaks down, which would at least get me to Midland.

I have both AAA and Good Sam. Use AAA for maps and such but will be leaving them soon. The Good Sam Roadside assistance is the way to go. Three different plans and all are very good. As one person said before me, they cover trailers and family members who are dependents. Look into good Sam roadside assistance. A good deal in my opinion.

I have both AAA and Good Sam. Use AAA for maps and such but will be leaving them soon. The Good Sam Roadside assistance is the way to go. Three different plans and all are very good. As one person said before me, they cover trailers and family members who are dependents. Look into good Sam roadside assistance. A good deal in my opinion.

Thanks. I've been doing quite a bit of research and did decide on Good Sam. They are super friendly and am confident that this experience would not have happened with them for sure!

Thanks. I've been doing quite a bit of research and did decide on Good Sam. They are super friendly and am confident that this experience would not have happened with them for sure!

I just had to use them again a couple weeks ago. My son and I went to Yellowstone in my 2000 Expedition. Transmission went out in Jackson WY. No Ford dealer or transmission repair for 90 miles. Good Sam towed my truck to the dealer of my choice at no cost. Turns out they brought me a rental that we used for our vacation and I wound up selling the truck to the dealer and flying home. Good Sam did a great job for me and between them and the dealer in Afton WY they saved the trip.

• 6 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I saw this old post and wanted to say that AAA does not cover trailers UNLESS you purchase an AAA Plus RV membership. Not every state or territory offers the RV package. Also, AAA is supposed to offer to "send" retail service to the breakdown location in the event the vehicle in question is not covered by your membership.  

Archived