TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What grease/lubricants to use on the bushings?

Just wanted to know what some are using or have used for the bushings on the sway bars or springs, I am noticing some squeaking noises at the back if the car where the sway bars are at. maybe its time to just replace them? Any suggestions? My car is a DD so maybe they are worn out... :shrug:

Grease or spray lubricants are a temporary fix. You'll need to take the bushings off the bar to properly lubricate them. I used anti-seize which is some of the nastiest stuff there is when trying to remove it from my hands. It has kept my bushings squeak-free since I lubed them. There was a thread here a couple years ago regarding sway bar bushings. I'll check and see if I can locate it.

Edit: Try this thread below.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/71932-frpp-rear-sway-bar-grease-fittings/page__fromsearch__1

• 11 months later...

Anyone use Green Grease?

http://www.greengrease.net/kitinfo/Single14/single14ounce.html

I was told to go with a synthetic grease, but wasn't sure if the Green Grease would work or if I should order the white suspension grease available on a few sites like Summit or Jegs.

My sway bars do not have grease fitting on the center hangers. If I open the hangers to access the sway bar, is it okay to do this while the car is on the ground or on an alignment rack? I didn't know if it needed to be lifted allowing the weight to be off of the suspension.

Any help would be appreciated!

I have had pretty good luck with just spraying/soaking with WD40, but it generally only lasts one driving season and usually this starts back when the really cold weather arrives. It has a nasty clunking sound when you hit bumps. Actually grease to the bushings is the best way to go as other members have stated. I just didn't want to break anything taking the sway bars apart.

GG

I've had good luck with Lucas Oil synthetic grease. As long as they have not turned pink or started drying/cracking, a lube should freshen them up just fine.

Jer

Any tips for doing this? The Eibach bar has grease fittings on the ends, but not the center hangers. I'm not crazy about taking it apart, but I'll do what is needed. Just one of those guys that doesn't want to mess something up. It's too far to get it back to SAI to correct my mistakes, LOL.

Any tips for doing this? The Eibach bar has grease fittings on the ends, but not the center hangers. I'm not crazy about taking it apart, but I'll do what is needed. Just one of those guys that doesn't want to mess something up. It's too far to get it back to SAI to correct my mistakes, LOL.

There are no holes in the bushings for the grease to get down to the sway bar. Believe it...or not!

Take them apart and buy some anti-seize. Mine hasn't squeaked at all since I went with the anti-seize and it's going on three years now.

Archived