TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Got back From SAI BIG NEWS

Tomahawk

I just got back from SAI last Wednesday had a meeting with John (Director of Sales) and Steve, he puts together the 40th package I also met with Amy for a few minutes as well. Lets just say John was like a kid on Christmas Eve explaining all the exciting news about what is in store for GT 500 owners! He did not go into specifics but he did say next months MotorTrend Mag would spill the beans and explain everything. Lets just say (wink wink) he said anybody thinking about selling their 500 for any reason will be very sorry. He hinted that the KR package will be available to 07 500 owners. I asked about the hood and he did everything he could to contain himself... He said TRUST ME its going to be awesome! One of the problems they have is making sure everything is in stock before they announce and all bugs are worked out. Believe me I was there and he showed me some bugs. He also said anyone thinking about selling their GT 500 to get a KR is crazy. First the car has a projected time of Spring 08??? (if the moon and stars line up) 2. The car will have a MSRP of at least 100K before adm 3. You can soon get most of the stuff if not all for your 500 anyway oops, sorry John.

Get ready Folks the ride is about to get bumpy!! I mean really SMOOOOOTH.

Tomahawk

07 GT500

Black/White

I just got back from SAI last Wednesday had a meeting with John (Director of Sales) and Steve, he puts together the 40th package I also met with Amy for a few minutes as well. Lets just say John was like a kid on Christmas Eve explaining all the exciting news about what is in store for GT 500 owners! He did not go into specifics but he did say next months MotorTrend Mag would spill the beans and explain everything. Lets just say (wink wink) he said anybody thinking about selling their 500 for any reason will be very sorry. He hinted that the KR package will be available to 07 500 owners. I asked about the hood and he did everything he could to contain himself... He said TRUST ME its going to be awesome! One of the problems they have is making sure everything is in stock before they announce and all bugs are worked out. Believe me I was there and he showed me some bugs. He also said anyone thinking about selling their GT 500 to get a KR is crazy. First the car has a projected time of Spring 08??? (if the moon and stars line up) 2. The car will have a MSRP of at least 100K before adm 3. You can soon get most of the stuff if not all for your 500 anyway oops, sorry John.

Tomahawk

07 GT500

Black/White

Tomahawk, Thanks for the "Heads Up"

The anticipation is killing me.

Alan

I just got back from SAI last Wednesday had a meeting with John (Director of Sales) and Steve ... The car (KR) will have a MSRP of at least 100K before adm

Tomahawk

07 GT500

Black/White

Uh, $100k MSRP ???? MSRP ???? MSRP ????

Somehow I don't think Ford will make a Mustang with an MSRP of $100k. JMHO.

I also don't think we'll see a $100k MSRP. There isn't enough on the KR to justify it. It's "only" a 540hp version. Plus if it's that easy to buy the hood, why bother. Slap a Roush charger and the KR Hood on a GT500 and you have a 600hp monster with KR looks. $100K just makes no sense. Look at other cars in the $100K range. Porsche Carrera 4S, BMW M6. Corvette Blue Devil (<$100K). Dodge Viper (also <$100K). I love the Shelby's, but they're just not in that league.

Tomahawk

07 GT500

Black/White

Yes. don't do it. Your GT500 too can be a KR!

+1

Wanna bet?

That being said, add the cost of mods to get a GT500 to GT500 KR status, add that to the current MSRP, then adjust for year to year inflationary mark-up and that should be your GT500KR MSRP right? Toss in the Hype and marketing wiz bang, don't forget that ever important ADM and GGT...Logic and math says 100K msrp "no way" now consider market and demand given the production numbers that are being tossed around...I would not be surprised at all to see the car go for 6 figures. I'm not a car dealer, I'm just a business guy and all I have to go on is the raw ruff data from the 07 GT500.

I'll be keeping my stock hood. I don't like people making their GT's look like GT500's and I wouldn't feel good about making my GT500 look like a KR. Call me crochety.

I'll be keeping my stock hood. I don't like people making their GT's look like GT500's and I wouldn't feel good about making my GT500 look like a KR. Call me crochety.

You want a kick to the nuts in the hood department - when I had my 01 Cobra they started putting them on their production V6's in 2002.

:hysterical2:

And then the 99 Cobra that had a MUSTANG bumper like the GT's because Ford was too cheap to include a special bumper for that run of Cobras.

Too funny.

You know what? Neither of us is wrong. There will always be two schools of thought. The "purists" who prefer to keep the stock look, and the rest who get into making it look like any car they want. I'm not averse to mods- I have the FRPP muffs, and would like to get the CAI and tune. I know a couple guys who like everything stock- even the air cleaner.

There's a place in the world for both types.

Further thought... look at the pictures of the 60's era Mustangs at the car shows. Which ones do you see, and which ones look the best? The ones that are 100% original, or the ones that have a bunch of fancy stuff stuck on them?

Hopefully the KR parts are able to be purchased seperately and we won't have to buy a whole 'package' or 'conversion'.

That being said, I emailed SAI with an interest in the carbon fiber front splitter on the 40th package and KR, and was told it was being kept as exclusive to the 40th package.

Maybe with the release of KR parts it will be available..

You want a kick to the nuts in the hood department - when I had my 01 Cobra they started putting them on their production V6's in 2002.

:hysterical2:

Yeah dont think Ford wont use the good looking front end on the Shelby on every GT and V6 when the hype chills around 2009. :redcard:

That Carbon Fiber hood is verrrry expensive. The CF splitter alone is worth about 1K. IMO

The carbon fier front air splitter was originally listed on SAIs web site for $500.

I would expect the carbon fiber KR hood to be in the neibourhood of 1500 or so.

KingCobra.

WOW! I'm very surprised. That would be a very good deal IMO.

You know what? Neither of us is wrong. There will always be two schools of thought. The "purists" who prefer to keep the stock look, and the rest who get into making it look like any car they want. I'm not averse to mods- I have the FRPP muffs, and would like to get the CAI and tune. I know a couple guys who like everything stock- even the air cleaner.

There's a place in the world for both types.

I've always wondered if changing anything major on a 40th anniversary Shelby GT-500 would lessen the future value of the car itself...I'm talking about body parts, lettering etc. Performance is a whole other issue which I don't think would ever have a negative impact on the future value of the car (keeping your original engine parts anyway).

Which of these would you rather buy if you had the money and opportunity?

1967-Shelby-GT-500-Eleanor-Custom-A-640.jpeg

1967gt500_1024.jpg

Also notice that the original did not have SHELBY across the deck lid.

Archived