TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 GT500 Super Snake exhaust heat problem !!

Does anybody else have this problem ?? the heat from my headers melts the Ho2 extension wires on both sides;also the traction control wires @ the tail pipe end . Should'nt there be a aluminium protective sleeve?

Who installed the headers as they are not part of the SS package. And what brand are the headers?

Steve

• 7 months later...

Steve Sean Hyland Moorsports insal my KOOKS LONG TUBE headers with X pipe since they are the onley SA representent in CANADA !!

Just found out that my headers are not KOOKS they are American racing !!! lol Acording to the logo on the headers I had specified the Kooks at that time ........

Guest MTYQIN

Elanore,

I did exhaust mods last autumn and while I did not have any O2 sensor melting issues, I did experience the meltdown of the ABS sensor out back. That turned out to be caused by installer not moving sensor clear of tailpipes as he was putting things back together after the new H pipe got added to the system. Cost me a couple hundred dollars to get new sensor wired in and pipes put back up, but no problems since.

Good luck getting back on the road.

All the best,

Quinn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Just curious as to what was the concern with the overheating exhaust? I have one where the battery tray has completely melted including some wiring for the O2 sensors and other underbody wiring. After replacing all damaged parts, running the engine for barely 5 mins, we can see the exhaust headers glowing red. Engine coolant temp seems to be fine and fan is kicking on (atleast low speed as the CHT is not getting to 80 deg C before we have to shut it down to prevent another melt down). Any ideas?

In my case It turn out to be the 02 sensors extension wires have melt .Causing a malfunction of the 02 sensors then the car went on safe mode ,buy the time I got it to the garage her was the damages 2 02 extentions wirers

2 cat converters

1 02 sensor

1 melt down of abs wirers @ tail pipe

All this to say that I had no issue last summer :shift:

Archived